REVIEW – Since everyone who reads my reviews already knows that I am remodeling a basement, I will not go into those details. Everyone also already knows that I believe in having every tool necessary for the job and as such, I have quite an extensive tool selection relevant to my DIY projects and tasks. I am now onto the section where I am building my in-house bar, and I am using this nice pine wood that I found along with screws with hex nut heads to mount the wood to the metal studs to create my rustic look concept. To do this correctly, I have to drill pilot holes and then drive in the hex screws. This is a tedious process because I normally have to use 2 drivers and switch between them going from drill bit to hex screw bit. Well, this is tedious no more. Enter the Worx Nitro 20V Brushless Switchdriver 2.0 2-in-1 Cordless Drill & Driver!!
What is it?
The Worx Nitro 20V Brushless Switchdriver 2.0 2-in-1 Cordless Drill & Driver is a next-generation Switchdriver 2.0 that includes all the features of the original Switchdriver but with upgrades like a brushless motor and intelligent digital display. It features a high-efficiency brushless motor that runs 50% longer and is 25% more powerful than its predecessor, 1/4″ rotating dual chucks that let you switch between drill or driver bits faster, an intelligent digital interface, and a keypad that allows you to quickly change between 9 torque settings and a variable speed trigger.
What’s in the box
1 x Worx Nitro 20V Brushless Switchdriver 2.0 2-in-1 Cordless Drill & Driver
1 x 2 in. Screwdriver Bit
1 x 1/8 in. Hex shank HSS Drill Bit
2 x 3/32 in. Hex shank HSS Drill Bit
1 x Belt Hook
1 x Carry Bag
1 x 2.0Ah Battery (WA3575)
1 x Quick Charger (WA3881)
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- The Power to Outperform-Worx NITRO™ tools is engineered to provide greater power, performance, and run time.
- The next generation Switchdriver 2.0 includes all the features of the original Switchdriver but with upgrades like a brushless motor and intelligent digital display.
- Featuring a high-efficiency brushless motor that runs 50% longer, is 25% more powerful, and has a 10% longer life when compared to brushed motors.
- 1/4″ Rotating dual chucks let you switch between drill or driver bits faster than ever before.
- The intelligent digital interface and keypad allow you to quickly change between 9 torque settings and easily adjust between drilling and driving.
- Variable speed trigger allows for easy starting and complete control over drilling and driving applications.
- The 2-speed gearbox can handle basic and more advanced drilling and driving projects.
- Ergonomic, lightweight design with Gripzone micro-texture offers ultimate comfort and reduced user fatigue.
- Same Battery, Expandable Power. The same battery powers over 75+ 20V, 40V, and 80V lifestyle, garden, and power tools in the Power Share™ family.
Battery Capacity: 2.0Ah
No-Load Speed: 0-450 / 0-1700 RPM
Chuck Size: 1/4″ Dual
Max Torque: 443 in-lbs.
Weight: 2.71 lbs.
The Worx Switchdriver 2.0 2-in-1 is designed with 2 built-in quick release chucks, and an ergonomically designed button to allow the chucks to be switched by rotating the head. it also features the usual mid-body directional button and a torque selector with a digital display on the top. On the bottom of the handle, there is a quick release for the battery and on the battery. There is a charge level indicator touchpad.
The first test that I did was to check the charge level of the included battery, and then I charged it fully.
I tested this Switchdriver on my current DIY project which is building a bar in my basement. Since I used metal studs and needed to mount the wooden face to the studs, I wanted to drill a pilot hole for each hex screw and then drive it in. Completing this task with this device was a fantastic experience and likely save me at least 50% of the time needed if I had to use two drivers. Once I set the torque level that I needed, there was enough torque, and worked amazingly well. The only issue that I encountered was that when the screw was tight, the Switchdriver kept going and initially twisted my wrist. I adjusted accordingly.
The photo below shows the wooden face of the bar with a built-in fireplace that I attached to the metal studs using this tool. It is my concept of rustic, so I wanted the look and feel that the visible heads of the hex screws provide.
See it in action
What I like
- The build quality
- The long-lasting battery charge
- The quick-release chucks
- The quick-release when switching between chucks
- The power is more than enough for a drill driver
- The overall design
- It provides more than enough torque
What I’d change
- I can think of anything
I have previously tested a couple of Worx tools and loved them. The Worx Nitro 20V Brushless Switchdriver 2.0 2-in-1 Cordless Drill & Driver is no exception and if I am being totally honest, while I continue to remodel my basement it is the first tool I reach for. The ability to drill pilot holes and then just flip the head and drive in a screw or nut is irreplaceable. The fact that it has the quick-release chucks makes switching out bits quick and easy. IMHO, this tool is a winner. I give it a well done and two thumbs up!!
Where to buy: Worx website and Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Worx.