REVIEW – I have lived in NY for over 30 years, and I am finally very tired of the winter months and of course the cold. While I am not able to relocate for a while, each year I do my best to take full advantage of the warm months. One thing that I enjoy is relaxing at night on my deck under my canopy. Doing this last summer was great, but I was definitely missing a hanging light under the center of the canopy when I would entertain family members. (No friends because of Covid). I am sure that there are many solutions, but this HAOYISHU Double Control 24-LEDs Stainless Steel Solar Powered Pendant Light seems like the perfect solution. Let’s see!!
What is it?
The HAOYISHU Double Control 24-LEDs Stainless Steel Solar Powered Pendant Light can be used either indoors or outdoors. It features 3 color modes and 4 Brightness Modes.
What’s in the box
1 x HAOYISHU Double Control 24-LEDs Stainless Steel Solar Powered Pendant Light
1 x Solar Panel and Mounting Hardware
1 x Remote Control
10 x U-Shaped Wire Clamps
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- UPGRADED 3-COLOR TONES & 4-LEVEL BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT: Our hanging solar light is updated with 3-color temperature modes (warm, warm white, bright white) and 4-level brightness & timer (100%/6h, 75%/8h, 50%/12h, 25%/15h changes with the intensity of the ambient light), which meets the needs of different lighting and energy-saving environments and scenarios.
- BRIGHT 24-LEDs & High Battery Capacity: Upgraded 24 bright LEDs bulb lighting up a dark environment in the daytime, just click “Daylight” switch on the remote control. Equipped with a large 4V 3.5W polysilicon solar panel and 4500mAh battery capacity, the pendant light provides up to 500 lumens of lighting, with a lighting range of 194-237 square feet. Enjoy lighting without electricity bills.
- TWO CONTROL MODES & LONG WORK TIME: This solar light works in two ways: 1). Manually turn ON/OFF by remote control. 2) Dusk to Dawn-Auto On/OFF. After 5-6 hours fully charged in sunlight, the lighting sensor solar light will automatically light up at dusk and turn off by itself at dawn or the battery run out. Max. 15 hours run time.
- IP65 WATERPROOF & EASY TO INSTALL: IP65 waterproof and ABS material can withstand rain and all kinds of terrible weather. Hang the solar lamp anywhere light is needed, and mount the solar panel on the wall or put it in direct sunlight to get adequate solar power so that they can brighten.
- SPLIT DESIGN, FITS FOR OUTDOOR & INDOOR: The solar-powered shed light and solar panel are separated, with an extended 5m/16.5ft long waterproof wire cable. So this solar light can be used indoors and outdoors, suitable for shed, gazebo, balcony, garage, front door, chicken coop, patio, garden, yard.
The shade of this lamp is stainless steel, and the LED bulb is built in. On the hanging side, there is a removable clip that makes it easy to hang it anywhere. A Remote Control with battery installed is provided. The solar panel looks like a standard panel that is usually compatible with a light such as this one.
Setting up this light was very easy. I hung it on an existing hook in the center of my canopy and then ran the wire through the top of the canopy and down the side to a deck rail.
I then connected the base of the solar panel to my deck rail and attached the panel to the base. When attaching the base to the deck, the plastic around one of the screw holes shattered. The base is not solid plastic so be very careful when attaching it.
Here is a quick video of the lighting colors and modes:
At night this light not only provides adequate lighting under my canopy, but the lighting choices are great for setting the desired mood and ambiance. Since it is made of stainless steel, it should last well outdoors in the NY weather.
What I like
- Simple to install
- Long wire between the light and the solar panel
- Light adjustment options
- The included remote control
- The price
What I’d change
- Make to clip on the light housing a bit sturdier so that while removable, it does not pop out of its hole so easily
- Make the base of the solar panel that attaches to a surface solid plastic so that it does not break easily when being screwed to a surface.
This is a nice simple light that is easy to install and can work for multiple use cases. I like the lighting options that it provides and the flexibility because of the relatively long cord between the light and the solar panel. I still have to wait to judge its longevity, but I suspect that it will last for a time. I give it a well done.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by HAOYISHU