REVIEW – For at least 15 years I have been using a Cybersonic electric toothbrush. I have found it to be very effective but I also believe that it utilizes old technology and that there must be better options available now. For this reason, I was very intrigued to get my first opportunity to test and review the Oguard Electric Sonic Toothbrush. Let’s see if it is a possible replacement for the Cybersonic.
What is it?
The Oguard Electric Sonic Toothbrush is equipped with an intelligent induction system of an unmanned aerial vehicle, which can automatically adjust the vibration methods according to the intelligent judgment of your brushing movement.
What’s in the box
1 x Oguard Electric Sonic Toothbrush
8 x Brush Heads
1 x PU Travel Case
1 x USB-C Cable
1 x User Guide
Design and features
- Intelligent Revolution of Electric Toothbrush: The first UAV-level intelligent identification system; The ADA found that each tooth on a different surface should be cleaned in a different direction; Under the guidance of dental experts, we designed the SMART mode, which can automatically adjust vibration methods according to your brushing movement; Cleaning the occlusal surface vortically, the cheek and tongue parts longitudinally, which will make your tooth cleaner and whiter
- The Newest Generation of Cleanliness: Our toothbrush is equipped with magnetic levitation strong sonic motor and vibrates 40,000 times per minute, which can effectively dissolve the deep teeth dirt; The ADA recommends that an electric toothbrush can keep your mouth as clean as possible; Ordinary electric toothbrush has 10 times the cleaning power of manual toothbrush, and our product has 3 times the cleaning power of the ordinary electric toothbrush
- 5 Months of Super Long Life Standby: Don’t worry about running out of electricity or forgetting your charger during the long trip; Our toothbrush contains a 1800mAh lithium battery, which can be used for over 5 months after 6 hours of charging; Don’t worry about other people using your toothbrush; Press 5 seconds to lock or unlock the switch; The four lights will flash in turn, which means the switch has been unlocked
- 8 DuPont Brush Heads and Travel Case: Equipped with 8 replaceable DuPont Tynex StaClean brush heads which can last for more than 2 years; The brush bristles contains silver and zinc ions, which is soft and can guarantee your health; The PU travel case has excellent quality and design to prevent the toothbrush from being scratched
- Humanization Design: Oguard toothbrush will not change color for all life because of the special design; It will be a great gift for others; The 2-minute smart timer and 30-second pauses will remind you to change the brushing area; The IPX7 level waterproof design makes it can be soaked in water for 30 minutes; The artificial intelligence design allows you to shake it to shutdown; Please note that the old packaging is white and the new packaging is blue
This electric sonic toothbrush has a very simple design with the function button and selection indicators in line on one side of the handle. On top, there is the shaft that holds the removable brushes, and underneath there is the USB-C charging port that is covered by a waterproof cover.
The first thing to do when you receive the toothbrush is to charge it. The charging indicator pulses red when charging and becomes a steady green when fully charged.
Once the toothbrush was charged, I performed my testing over the next few weeks paying attention to each setting and noticing the change in intensity. The “Sensitive” setting is just way too light for me. The other settings are ok but I like the “Clean” setting the best. I can also feel how the intensity adjusts as I move the brush around the surface of my teeth. At the end of each use, my teeth feel really clean and the vibration from the toothbrush is almost therapeutic.
What I like
- The build quality
- The feel of the vibrations
- The levels of performance via the choices on the front of the toothbrush
- The sleek and simple design.
- The lock feature
- The number of Brush Heads included
What I’d change
- I prefer a standing dock as opposed to having to lay the toothbrush flat to charge it
After using just one electric toothbrush for so many years, I was not sure what to expect with the Oguard Electric Sonic Toothbrush. I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like it and the options but I will likely stick with the “clean” option. While I really do prefer a charging dock/base that allows me to charge my toothbrush continuously and standing upright, I am guessing that I should be ok with it since the battery charge is supposed to last for 5 months.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Oguard