REVIEW – I am a confessed gadget geek, and every workflow that I set up includes multiple screens and devices to provide every accommodation even beyond what I currently need. Sometimes I use my tablet to watch TV or surf the web, and I hate moving my iPad to do so since it is well-integrated with my podcast connections and my studio desk. I need another tablet for my other daily tasks and another iPad is not an investment that I want to make now. Let’s see if this Dragon Touch Max10 Tablet can help!
What is it?
The Dragon Touch Max10 Tablet is a 10.1-inch tablet that features an Octa-Core Processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage expandable to 128GB via a micro SD card, a 1200 x 1920 IPS Full HD Display, Wi-Fi, a USB Type C Port, and the Android 9.0 Pie OS.
What’s in the box
1 x Dragon Touch Max10 10.1 Inch Android Tablet
1 x USB Cable
1 x 5V /2A Charger
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Native Android 9 Pie OS: The NotePad Max10 comes with the latest Android 9 Pie operating system, which is smarter, faster, and adapts to you as you use it more. No unexpected ads or bloatware apps.
- Powerful Octa-Core Tablet for All: The Dragon Touch NotePad Max10 is a 10 inch Wi-Fi android tablet with GPS capability. It is powered by a 64-bit Octa-Core high-performance processor with 3GB RAM 32GB storage, providing a superior experience of entertainment, browse, games, and shopping for everyone in the family.
- Full Google Service Access: Max10 is a GMS certified android tablet and you have full access to Google services, such as Gmail, Youtube, Drive, Maps, Play Store, and more brilliant apps and contents from Play store, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Netflix, etc.
- Slim Body, Room for Everything: This 10-inch tablet has built-in 32GB memory and supports up to 128GB microSD cards to expand the storage. You can download and keep your favorite books, songs, photos, movies, and games, everything you like in this slim metal android tablet.
- Ultimate Entertainment Experience: Featuring a vivid 10.1 inch 1920 x 1200 Full HD 2.5D Glass IPS touch screen with dual speakers, dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz) connectivity and 10-hour video playback battery life, Max10 is designed for an improved entertainment experience, delivering a better tablet with high-speed network connections to browse, video chat, play games, watch movies & TV series, and more.
Hardware Platform: Android
OS: Android 9.0 Pie
Screen Size: 10.1 inches
Display: 10.1-inch 1920 x 1200 Full HD IPS G+G capacitive touchscreen
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Max Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200
CPU: 64-bit Octa-Core Processor
RAM: 3 GB
Hard Disk: 32 GB
Memory Speed: 1.6 GHz
Wireless Type: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi (2.4GHz+5GHz Dual Band)
Hardware Interface: USB
Camera: 5MP Front camera, 8MP Back Camera
Flash Memory Size: 32 GB (up to 128 GB MicroSD cards to expand the storage)
Headphone: 3.5mm Standard Headphone Jack
Item Weight: 1.2 pounds
Item Dimensions: L x W x H: 9.45 x 6.57 x 0.34 inches
Power Source: AC
Battery Capacity: 5000 mAh
Battery: 1 Lithium Polymer battery required. (included)
Average Battery Life (in hours): 6 hours
On the top-right edge of the tablet, there is the USB-C charging port. Behind that port on the back of the tablet, there is a removable plastic cover the conceals the micro SD port. On the right side of the tablet, there is the power button, the volume up/down button, and the reset pinhole. The speakers are on the bottom edge of the tablet. As usual, there are cameras on the front and rear of the tablet.
Like any electronic device, the first thing that I did was to fully charge the tablet. Once charged, I powered it on and followed the on-screen setup instructions. I took the following pictures using my smartphone to show some of the screens that are a part of the setup process:
Once the tablet was set up, I was able to take the following screenshots using an app installed on the tablet:
The following is a screen recording showing the video resolution while I watch TV via the Spectrum TV app:
The following is an audio recording of the included FM radio feature using the built-in recording capability:
This Tablet sets up easily and the process was flawless. Every function I tried performed quite well including the audio and video and the actual apps. The Bluetooth connection works well but does not have the coverage distance/range of Bluetooth 5.0. I put it through the paces of downloading my email app, my TV viewing app, YouTube, Netflix, etc. I am pleasantly surprised that all of the apps perform relatively well.
I am not a gamer, so I cannot say much about the performance with games, but at this price point, this tablet performs well for the majority of everyday tasks. I had no issues connecting to WiFi and Bluetooth. I do notice that sometimes it does weirdly disconnect from wifi for no apparent reason, but this does not happen consistently and it reconnects at the first attempt. The touch screen is quite responsive and much better than several Android tablets that I have tested.
Finally, I never use a tablet for photography, but just to give an idea, the following 2 photos taken using the front and back cameras (Both indoors because I am not outdoors much these days):
What I like
- The size of the display
- The build quality and feel of the device
- The ability to expand the storage memory
- The screen resolution and the display it provides
- The overall performance
What I’d change
- The Bluetooth 4.2 needs to be upgraded to 5.0. It does not currently have the range with my Bluetooth headsets compared to my other devices with Bluetooth 5.o
I am someone who uses the Apple ecosystem every day, and I have not been a fan of the Android OS for years. Recently I tested an Android Smartphone and I loved it. So, I decided to give this Android tablet a try and I am pleasantly surprised. It works well in almost all of my daily use routines, and while not comparable to my iPad Pro, it definitely gets a well done for its, design, function, and price. Very well done!!
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Dragon.