Turn a pumpkin into a keg with the Pumpkin Tap Kit

The Pumpkin Tap Kit from Kegworks is the perfect gadget for your next Oktoberfest, fall picnic, tailgating party, etc. It is a shank and faucet that has been designed for to turn an ordinary pumpkin into a dispenser for your favorite beverage.

Just clean the guts out of the pumpkin and cut a small hole in the side to fit the chrome finished brass shank.

All that’s left to do is to attach the handle, fill the pumpkin keg with something refreshing to drink, and then you’re ready to enjoy a one of a kind conversation starter.

You can buy the Pumpkin Tap Kit for $34.50 on Amazon or for $29.99 directly from kegworks.com

If you liked this story, be sure to read our other stories:

7 comments… add one
  • John Kes October 11, 2017, 2:12 pm

So your drink becomes pumpkin-flavored?

• Julie Strietelmeier October 11, 2017, 3:33 pm

If I were going to use this, I’d put the beverage in a bag inside the pumpkin because ick. 🙂

• John Kes October 11, 2017, 4:11 pm

I know! It would be a lot more appetizing if they advertised it for use with a watermelon. Maybe they wanted to catch the pumpkin-spice trend.

• Julie Strietelmeier October 11, 2017, 4:13 pm

They sell one for watermelons too, which I’m sure is the same exact item just repackaged. And yes, I’m sure it’s the whole pumpkin-spice fad that made them do this.

• Michael ODonnell October 12, 2017, 2:36 pm

These things leak like a sieve… I would highly recommend if someone REALLY, REALLY wanted to use one of these to try it with a bit of water first—in the sink – I’m glad we did. Complete waste of money. Unless you have a perfectly flush seal (which I can’t imagine exists on a pumpkin), it’s gonna leak.

• Julie Strietelmeier October 12, 2017, 2:38 pm

I’ve read that you need to make the hole in the pumpkin smaller than you think so you can wedge in the spout.

• Michael ODonnell October 12, 2017, 2:47 pm

True, except that interiors of pumpkins (and watermelons) are inherently soft (and not uniform inside or out, for that matter). Attempting to tighten the spigot gasket merely collapses the otherwise soft interior and exterior surface preventing a good seal and ultimately creates a leaky mess that just gets worse after a few minutes. I’d classify this as a failed gimmick (at best).