UNIEA manufactures cases of nearly every shape and size, engineered to protect your valuable tech-equipment from the dangers of the daily grind. Their Omniverse 13.3-inch Macbook (or similar sized laptop) Universal Tote (and the matching hard drive case) are no different.
While the Omniverse appears to be very utilitarian in design; it is extremely functional and reasonably professional looking as well. This case is well fitted for the 13″ MacBook but does add a good amount of bulk around the sleek laptop.
The MacBook (or 13″ laptop) is meant to be inserted into and operated while within the protection of the Omniverse. A definite plus for those airline travelers….nothing is more irritating than when the person in front of you reclines (slams) the back of their seat into the top of your laptop. From an operational standpoint, this case is very similar to Vaja’s i-volution leather suits.
- Color: Black
- Size: W 260 x H 40 x D 360 (mm)
- Inner Size: W 230 x H 30 x D 340 (mm)
- Weight: 15.7oz (446 gram)
- Material: Nylon or Silk
- Interior is both shock and heat-absorbent for total protection of your laptop
- Bottom wave-shaped cushion absorbs and dissipates heat from the bottom of your computer
- Heat sink allows your laptop’s fan to dissipate heat
- Full access to ports for easy recharging and data transfer
The laptop’s corners (lid and base) slip into four elastic tabs that keep the computer securely in place during transport and while in use.
If you do not want to carry the Omniverse like a slipper case, Uniea engineered a set of handles for carrying it more like a briefcase.
The handles can be hidden away within two small pockets on either side of the laptop case. Sadly, Uniea did not include loops to carry the case on your shoulder. But considering how the case is designed and meant to be used, that would have been difficult to impossible to make happen.
Overall, the Uniea Omniverse 13.3-inch Macbook Universal Tote is well made, functional, and provides a good amount of protection. While the Omniverse case is not as sexy or form-fitting as Vaja’s i-volution Leather Suit, being priced at $40 (one seventh the cost) makes it a very nicely priced, functional equivalent.
Omniverse for 2.5 inch Hard Disk or Similar size Cell Phone and MP3/4 Player
In addition, Uniea sent me several of their small Omniverse universal sleeves ‘for 2.5 inch Hard Disk or Similar size Cell Phone and MP3/4 Player’. Uniea makes these small universal totes in four sizes; 10.2 inch netbook, 7 inch DVD player, Large digital camera, Small digital camera, and 2.5 inch hard drive. Most are available in both nylon and silk materials and red or black color selections.
The back has an aluminum, carabiner-style ring to attach the case to your backpack or computer bag and a belt loop, allowing you to carry it at your side.
- Color: Black or Red
- Size: W 141.5 x H 102 x D 45(mm)
- Inner Size: W 137 x H 95 x D 30 (mm)
- Weight: 1.7oz (50 gram)
- Material: Nylon or Silk
- Size and dimensions are perfect for 2.5 Hard Drive, iPod, iPhone and similar size devices
- Inner material is shock absorbent for total protection
- Durable nylon material is light and adds little weight to your hard drive
- Front pocket is large enough to hold a long USB or FireWire cable
- Belt loop and aluminum, carabiner-style ring for maximum portability
My Buffalo MiniStation Turbo USB hard drive fits within the Uniea’s smallest Omniverse universal tote perfectly. The zippered front pocket holds the MiniStation’s usb cable very nicely as well.