Anyone else out there feel like we having a dry spell lately with releases of new and interesting gadgets? My end of the year tax induced spending spree was kinda boring. All I ordered was a Zoom H2 recorder (this is for my Ukulele Review site, but I might review it here too if there is interest), a 2nd gen Zune, ASUS EEE PC, and three phones. Wheeeeee :o) This got me thinking about what gadgets that I would really like to buy this year (the sooner, the better). Here are my top 5…
1. Ultra portable Mac laptop or tablet – I think I’d rather have a laptop instead of a tablet. I’m pretty much a keyboard person as far as data input. I suppose if Apple implemented a really good character recognition engine, I might change my mind.
2. A smartphone that I’ll like better than my Treo 680 – My mind says that I need to move on, but my heart just won’t let me ;o) Seriously, for me, the Treo still continues to work best for me.
3. 3G coverage in Columbus, Indiana – Ok, that’s not a gadget… But oh how it would make my life so much better! EDGE is so ooky… Come on AT&T, even little bitty towns like Columbus, need your love!
4. An HD camcorder that isn’t any larger than my Sanyo Xacti but is 10x better in low light. Sanyo put out an updated model, but from what I’ve read, it still doesn’t capture good video in dim conditions.
5. A new head unit for my 2006 Mazda 3 that does everything but drive for me. Actually, I don’t need a built-in DVD, but want Bluetooth, iPod integration, USB, Aux inputs, maybe XM radio, and GPS.
That’s my list, what are some of the gadgets that you guys are dreaming about adding to your collection?