I’ve come to the conclusion that I won’t be buying an AppleTV for my own personal use. I may still buy one at some point to review if people keep asking me, but right now, here are the 5 reasons why I don’t want one…
1. I already have an MVIXUSA MX-760HD wireless media center. It allows me to put any capacity HD in it that I like. The AppleTV just has a 40GB drive. Also, the MVIX has higher resolution and can play more video formats that the AppleTV.
(Review to be posted tomorrow if all goes as planned)
2. I already have a Mac mini connected to my TV that can do way more than the AppleTV.
3. I have a DLO HomeDock Deluxe that can play the music, TV shows and movies on my 5th gen iPod.
(Review to be posted sometime next month)
4. I still have satellite based broadband (i.e. crapband), so I don’t buy movies and TV shows from iTunes because transfers are slooooooooooooooow and my download capacity is capped. However, this will change next month when my T1 finally gets installed.
5. I love Apple hardware, but this one just doesn’t do it for me. I just don’t get the whole sync with your main computer concept. Why do I want to have my content on 2 different devices?
So there are my reasons for not jumping on the AppleTV bandwagon right now. What about you?