Make Parking the Car Easier with a Laser Guide

The Laser Parking System from AutoSport can reduce damage to your car (or your garage) by letting you know when you’re in the “parking sweet spot.”  The system plugs into a power outlet or uses batteries.  Installation is easy with the included hardware.  Set it up by parking the car where you want it, then aim the laser to shine on a specific spot on your hood or dashboard so you’ll know when you’re parked correctly in the future.  A motion sensor turns the laser on and off so you don’t waste power.  The Laser Parking System is available in a single beam model for $29.95 or a double-beam model for $32.95.

Posted in: Car Gear, News

• Eric May 27, 2011, 2:16 pm

I use a wiffle golf ball and a string to do the same thing. Total cost, <$1. I position the wiffle ball against the windshield directly in front of my face. All I have to do is aim for the wiffle ball and stop when the wiffle ball taps the glass. Works every time and doesn't need electricity or batteries.

• Ronald May 27, 2011, 4:13 pm

I park my car outside. Total costs: none ;-)

• Mark Rosengarten May 27, 2011, 7:46 pm

Unless you can set it to flash-fry intruders with some pew-pew action, I’m not interested.

• Peter May 28, 2011, 12:45 pm

Many times i park my car outside the “parking sweet spot”… that is the reason i love this device.

• Alan May 28, 2011, 1:52 pm

I use an old skipping rope suspended from a beam in my garage when I touch it I know when to stop cost zilch :)

• Ken S May 30, 2011, 12:05 am

If you live in a place like Florida parking your car outside costs you a lot of money…unless having paint on the hood and roof and skin on the backs of your legs isn’t an issue.

Personally, I use a mark on the garage wall…not very high tech, but seems to work.

• BaldSpot May 31, 2011, 12:10 am

I use the crack in the concrete floor to tell me when to stop. My wife lines up her sideview mirror with the junk on the wall.