Content Nav Menu

Spotlight Gadget – Touchlite iPod Touch Covers

on March 21, 2009 9:13 am

touchlite

These shiny hard covers from More Thing for the iPod Touch caught my eye while surfing for news this morning. They look pretty snazzy don’t they? I thought they were made of metal, but they are actually plastic with a metallic finish. This company carries covers for the iPhone 3G, original iPhone and nano too.

Comments

1. 1
    Jackie says:

Would be nice if they had a full metal one also.

2. 2
  3. 3
    Julie says:

Argh, no it’s not… Hmmm, it says anodized Polycarbonate plastic hard case. Wow, kinda false advertising when they say it’s Metal. Nevermind. :(

4. 4
    Jackie says:

@ Julie:

It looked really nice too. But they should really leave the “metal” out of the product name.

5. 5
    Jake says:

i would buy one instantly if they did it for the 1st gen ipod touch

6. 6
    FatboyDimUK says:

I would like on for the Ipod Classic as after a year of daily use on my way to and from work, at the gym, walking my four dogs at night…. It’s seen better days!… Any handy links?

Cheers

Dan

7. 7
    BM says:

Fatboy:
    It doesn’t look like they make them for the iPod Classic. At least not Touchlite.

8. 8
    FatboyDimUK says:

Well it looks like i’ll have just have to make do with my poor scuffed and scratched ipod as it is! :-(

9. 9
    XrEvIeWs207 says:

well, I bought this case and I have to say… Looks= 10/10. Protection? Not so good. After 1 time of dropping on carpet, the touchlite case came off the ipod and that’s not even the bad part. The bad part is the little corner broke off… Still, it works but sorta annoying to have a broken part u know? Also, it does scratch on the back, but it doesn’t scratch as much as the actual ipod touch.

10. 10
    Jesse muniz says:

I just ordered one for my iPod touch 2g on about April 3 and I am really anxiouse about getting it. Is there anyone who could tell me when they got theirs? I ordered it from hong kong and I live in the US.

11. 11
    Brad says:

I ordered this on a whim and was expecting to be disappointed. When I received it I was pleasantly surprised. It looks fantastic, fits well, and is easy to pop on. Most folks who pick up the Touch don’t even notice it, which is what I was going for. I found the protective screen difficult to lay on without getting a few bubbles, and no amount of smoothing seem to get rid of them. But they are not noticeable. Overall I am very pleased with this cover.

12. 12
    Alex12354 says:

The best cover I have ever come a cross is the InvisibleShield from Zagg. It’s made of this reinforced rubber stuff, completely clear, full body protection. I had one on my IPhone and Ipod Classic for a year now, and there isn’t a single scratch on either, despite regularly being in my pocket with keys etc. It doesn’t protect from impact, but it looks as good as new and the cover is is removable without residue =] but it literally is completely scratch proof. So, its much better than this… and won’t come off without some serious consideration! Link here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=invisble+shield&x=0&y=0&sprefix=invisble+

They make one for pretty much every gadget in existence, and i now never take anything out of the house thats electronic and expensive without slapping one of these on!

13. 13
    tom says:

there is no metal cover for the ipod touch