>> IMPORTANT WARNING – This mini PC was found to have malware installed after we were alerted to this potential problem from an article on Tom’s Hardware. We scanned this mini PC with Total AV scanning software and found ENDEV.exe malware/trojan:
The malware was able to be removed. If you have purchased this mini PC be sure to scan it!
REVIEW – Here we go again!! Call me obsessed if you want, but I find it hard to pass up the opportunity to test and review a mini PC, especially when the specs suggest that it is capable of just about anything I need. Recently, I have tested a few that were quite powerful and performed well on the benchmark tests. Now I will add this KAMRUI CK10 Intel 12th Gen 12450H Mini PC to the list.
What is it?
The KAMRUI CK10 Mini PC comes with Intel 12th Gen Core i5-12450H processor(8C/12T, 12M Smart Cache, up to 4.4GHz, 45W TDP). Some of its features include Windows 11 Pro OS and 4K video playback.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x KAMRUI Mini PC Intel 12th 12450H Mini PC
- 1 x HDMI Cable
- 1 x SATA Cable
- 1 x AC Power Adapter
- 1 x Vesa Mounting Bracket
- 1 x Hardware Kit
- 1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Dual channel 16GB DDR4 + 512GB SSD UP TO 2TB: KAMRUI mini-computers desktop is equipped with DUAL channel 16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz and 512GB M.2 2280 SATA SSD. The 8+8 dual-channel RAM is 30% faster in reading and writing than the single-channel 16GB RAM, which allows the micro PC to run several high-performance operations at the same time. The expandable hard drive design is also offered, you can replace the SSD of your small PC to 2TB(Max) or add a 2TB 2.5″ HDD/SSD 2280 (not included).
- Superb Graphics & 4K triple screen display: KAMRUI mini pc windows 11 pro come with Intel UHD Graphics GPU, Supports HD (4096 x 2160), 4K@60GHz TRIPLE screen display(2* HDMI+1*VGA). Connect a microcomputer to a projector as a home theater, and enjoy a variety of entertainment. This Minipc is also compatible with large billboards, displays, kiosks, digital signage, and other commercial business uses!
- Multiple Connections with Stable WiFi6&BT5.2: KAMRUI small form factor pc comes with dual Gigabit Ethernet supports, WiFi6 which is three times faster than wifi5, and Bluetooth 5.2 which is twice as fast as Bluetooth 4.0 provides ultra-high-speed transfer and download. This mini PC Windows 11 can be connected to your mouse, keyboard, and headset. It can work with servers, surveillance equipment, office equipment, monitors, projectors, TVs, and so on. Built-in fan cooling, so you don’t have to worry about your mini PC i5 overheating when multitasking.
- Upgraded Interface + Efficient Cooling: KAMRUI mini PCs come with multiple interfaces (4*USB3.0, 1*Type-C，1*VGA，2*HDMI, 1*3.5mm Audio Jack,1* Gigabit Ethernet Port,1*DC Jack).Built-in cooling fan and radiator for quiet and efficient cooling and temperature balance which prevents lagging and freezing. This mini PC i5 also supports Auto Power On, RTC wake-up, and automatic boot, and you can enter the BIOS interface to set it up.
The KAMRUI CK10 Intel 12th Gen 12450H Mini PC is a well-built compact mini PC, that features a variety of ports on the front and back that include 1 x DC Jack, 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x 1GB RJ45, 2 x HDMI, 1 x Audio Jack, 1 x USB-C Port. There is 1 x VGA on one side.
There are vents on the top and bottom.
Setting up the KAMRUI CK10 Intel 12th Gen 12450H Mini PC follows the same straightforward process that every Windows OS PC does.
Before powering up, I took the opportunity to look inside the KAMRUI CK10 Intel 12th Gen 12450H Mini PC. Here is a peek:
The KAMRUI CK10 Intel 12th Gen 12450H Mini PC performed very well and is one of the best mini PCs that I have tested thus far. It performs well for daily routine tasks like using the MS Office suite, browsing the internet, and watching videos. In terms of processes that demand more performance power, it has no issues handling applications like DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Adobe Premiere, Adobe Lightroom, and Adobe Audition, which I use almost daily. The 12th Gen processor seems capable of handling even games that demand a decent amount of power. This mini PC supports dual monitors with no issue via its 2 HDMI ports. The WiFi and Bluetooth connections are rock solid. As usual, I compare the performance of all of the mini PCs that I test using Novabench and Cinebench. I use CPUID to confirm basic specs.
Here are some screenshots from the performance comparison apps that I usually use, starting with the CPUID application to verify some of the specs:
Next are screenshots from the free version of the Novabench application:
As is my custom, I tested the benchmark ranking using Cinebench. As you can see from the results below, this mini PC performed well:
Here is another photo of the KAMRUI CK10 Intel 12th Gen 12450H Mini PC on my desk:
What I like
- It is compact and lightweight
- It performs very well
- It has adequate ports for good versatility
- There is room for additional storage
- Its design is attractive
What I’d change
- I need mini PCs to feature at least 2 USB-C ports even if they lack Power Delivery
Much like the previous mini PC I reviewed, the KAMRUI CK10 Intel 12th Gen 12450H Mini PC is one of the most powerful and better-performing mini PCs I have tested. Its 12th Gen CPU provides good and capable performance and it handled everything process I tested without any issues. I think it will work well for many games unless they are real resource hogs. Well done.
Where to buy: Amazon (Save 5% with code: 42B258PE expires 3/29/24 23:59PST)
Source: The sample of this product was provided by Kamrui.