REVIEW – As my e-bike craze continues, my taste for exactly what I want is becoming more refined, and my preferences more specific. I like the more adult-size frames and enough power that adds some exhilaration to the riding experience. I also want good functioning front shocks and fat tires. Enter the Viribus Chubby 2 Electric Fat Tire Bike.
What is it?
The Viribus Chubby 2 Electric Fat Tire Bike is an electric bike that features an upgraded 500W (peak 1000W) motor with 1-5 level PAS modes and a 65Nm torque. It comes equipped with a 36V 13Ah removable battery made by Viribus and has a range of up to 50 miles.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Viribus Chubby 2 Electric Fat Tire Bike
- 1 x Assembly Multi-Tool
- 1 x AC Charging Adapter
- 1 x User Manual
Motor: 48V, 500W(peak 1000W)
Battery: 36V 13A, 468Wh high-tech lithium battery
Throttle Assist: Half twist throttle, removable
Headlight: High output integrated LED
Display: 3.5”Backlit LCD display with speed, trip, battery, assist level, and more
Charger: 36V,2.0A, 3-8 hr charging
Pedal Assist Range: 25-50Miles
Throttle Range: 20Miles
Frame: 6061 Aluminum frame
Rims: Aluminum alloy
Tires: 26×4” puncture-resistant liner
Brake: Mechanical disc brakes
Rotors: 160MM front and rear
Crankset: Aluminum alloy
Speed: Shimano, 3×7 speed
Grips: Durable ergonomic grip stem
Saddle: Comfort ergonomic seat
Pedals: Alloy platform with reflectors
Pedal Assist Intelligent: 0~3 level pedal assist
Pedal Assist System: 60/80/100% of max speed
Handlebars: Aluminum alloy, 31.8MM
Stem: MA-400 28.6*90*31.8MM
Total Payload Capacity: 330lb.
Recommended Rider Heights: 5’2” ~ 6’3”
Design and features
- Fly On Wheels. Fast and Smooth: 500W high-performance motor(peak1000W)and a 65Nm torque for a smooth, exciting, and effortless cycling experience even at 10 degrees uphill.
- Adventure With Confidence: Viribus Chubby fat tire electric bikes can be used for various purposes, such as commuting, off-roading, and adventure rides. With the added pedal assist, hills become more manageable, and speed limits are exceeded, saving you time and energy. Fat tire electric bikes are a great way to explore the outdoors and feel the thrill of adventure.
- Sturdy Safe Frame: Viribus designers engineered the frame for enhanced ergonomics, solid handling, and an ideal fit for riders at the bottom end of our height recommendation range.
- Mechanical Disc Brakes: 160MM front and rear. Comes with brakes tested for all-weather stopping ability.
- 500W Brushless Hub Motor: The electric component of electric bikes allows for pedal assistance, giving riders an added boost to help them climb hills and ride for longer distances. The motor is located in the rear hub of the bike.
- Go Further Faster: The battery is mounted on the frame, equipped with a 36V 13Ah removable battery made by Viribus. It features a 30% longer range compared to similar bikes in the market. Up to 50 miles on a single charge. You only need to charge once per week. This E-bike’s battery detaches for easy home recharging in under 4 hours but locks into place to prevent theft while out around town.
The Viribus Chubby 2 Electric Fat Tire Bike is solidly built and features, a front and rear light, front and rear reflectors, gear shifters on both sides of the handlebar, and a funky-sounding horn. It also had a sturdy kickstand. The battery is removable and it can be recharged via the built-in port or it can be removed from the bike and charged separately.
Assembling the Viribus Chubby 2 Electric Fat Tire Bike was quite easy. Much of the bike comes preassembled with the basic need to attach the front wheel, front wheel brake assembly, handlebar seat, pedals, and accessories. I did find that the included combination wrenches were not sized correctly. For example, The following are some snapshots from my assembly process:
The Viribus Chubby 2 Electric Fat Tire Bike performs well both on hard surfaces like roads as well as when I tested it for a short bit offroad on a short trail. The seating position is comfortable as well as the feel of the actual seat. I like the position my body is in because of the size of the bike, and the handlebar is comfortable. The front shocks work well and I love the riding experience that the fat tires provide. The gears shift easily and the funky-sounding horn is a nice touch. The brakes work well and brake evenly and effectively.
I do not like the fenders, and while I installed them for this review, I will remove them. The height of the fenders over the wheels is adjusted and secured via a couple of knobs that always seem to become slack and the fender ends up touching the tire.
The LED display is easy to see and the controls on both sides of the handlebar for the gears, light, and horn are all in the correct ergonomic position.
All of the e-functions work well. Here is a quick video of my friend taking the bike for a spin:
What I like
- It is sturdy and well-built
- Easy to assemble
- Nice accessories included
- Rides well
What I’d change
- The combination wrenches that are included are not the right size
- The fenders are not easy to secure and easily get slack and touch the tires
The Viribus Chubby 2 Electric Fat Tire Bike is simply a well-built, on-road/off-road sturdy bike that is fun to ride. While it is not the fastest bike I have tested, it is fast, very comfortable to ride, and feels like it will handle the test of time. Well done!!