REVIEW – Since I have been back in the office post-Covid, I have been sitting at my desk with a headset attending virtual meetings one after the other all day long. I am fine with no-in-person meetings, but some of the meetings are long and I would like to be able to get up from my desk and move around my office during the meetings. This is obviously hard to do with a headset on my head but this BenQ treVolo U Desktop Dialogue Speaker should make it easy.
What is it?
The BenQ treVolo U Desktop Dialogue Speaker features a high-quality microphone that gives the best voice reception with noise and echo cancellation and is designed to focus on clear, natural, and clean voice reproduction.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x BenQ treVolo U Desktop Dialogue Speaker
- 1 x Power Adaptor
- 1 x 3.5mm cable
- 1 x Type-C USB2.0
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
Design and features
- The treVolo Voice Engine technology enhances all-round human voice
- High-quality microphone with parabolic design for superb voice pickup
- Acoustic echo cancellation to filter out delayed echo and ambient sounds
- Three sound modes for learning, video conference, and entertainment
- One-piece enclosure with duo driver and bass radiator design for better overall sound quality
- 12-degree elevation designed speaker is directed upward, enhancing the sound experience
- Duo driver speaker provides a rich and consistent sound mix
- Customized passive radiator gives even low volumes bold bass
The BenQ treVolo U Desktop Dialogue Speaker is a sturdy and well-built speaker with enough weight to keep it in place on your desktop. On the front, there is a grille over the entire surface with the name badge in the upper right-hand corner and the microphone and distance detector in the upper left-hand corner. On the top of the speaker, there are all of the controls and on the back under a protective flap, there is the USB-C port and the 3.5mm audio port.
The BenQ treVolo U Desktop Dialogue Speaker has a built-in battery, so the first task was to fully charge the device. Once it was charged, I downloaded the app and connected the speaker via Bluetooth.
Before using the speaker, I did perform a firmware upgrade which was easy and successful. If you are interested in the process, click here to view the instructions.
I tested the speaker with both MS Teams and Skype. I was able to connect it to my PC via Bluetooth with no problem and it was available on Skype. See the photos below:
The following photos show me using the speaker for both MS Teams and Skype:
The BenQ treVolo U Desktop Dialogue Speaker produces clear audio on both sides, and the sound modes work nicely to tailor the sound based on the need. Great dialogue speaker overall.
What I like
- The sturdy build quality and attractive design
- The ease of use and the audio quality
- The audio mode options
What I’d change
- Nothing as yet
I have been a fan of BenQ for a long time mostly because of the design, build quality, and performance of their products. This BenQ treVolo U Desktop Dialogue Speaker is no exception. The audio quality is great both ways and it is just easy to use and integrate into my daily workflow. Well done again BenQ.