REVIEW – My wife and I work from home and have daily video meetings. When the chance to get a decent headset came along, I decided to give the Discover Adapt 20 Dual Speaker Wireless UC Headset a try. It was so good that I let my wife use it, and now she won’t give it back.
What is it?
The Discover Adapt 20 is a dual-speaker Bluetooth headset for a computer or mobile device.
What’s in the box?
- Discover Adapt 20 Dual Speaker Wireless UC Headset
- Headset Carry Case
- USB-A to Micro-USB Cable
- USB-A to USB-C adapter
- Wireless Transmitter
- Headset Hanging Hook
- Bluetooth 5.0 with included USB dongle
- Left / right side microphone placement
- Answer/end button, volume control, and mute/unmute button on headset
- Premium audio speakers for music, calls, and meetings
- Bendable mic boom for best voice clarity
- Wideband enabled speakers
- Up to 100 feet of wireless range
- 20-hour talk time on a single charge
- 65mm leatherette ear cushion and padded headband cushion for all-day comfort
- Interchangeable headband from single ear to dual ear
- Weighs only 3 ounces with headband attachment on
- Can be connected and used as a wired headset
Design and features
The Discover Adapt 20 is designed to work with leading applications like Teams, Zoom, RingCentral, Cisco, Avaya, and many more. It supports multipoint pairing, so switching from your computer to your mobile device is easy; no need to unpair and re-pair with each device.
The Discover Adapt 20 came with a carrying case, which I found to be very nice. There’s also a pocket to hold stuff. If you travel, you might really enjoy having a case to protect the headphones.
65mm pillow-soft ear cushions provide comfort over long periods of use. The speakers swivel, and the adjustable padded headband (which is replaceable if you happen to break it) and bendable microphone allow for a tailored fit. I never found myself wanting to take them off.
One thing I always look for in headphones is the ability to use them wired or wireless. It never fails that when you really need them, you’ve forgotten to charge them, so the corded capability comes in handy. That being said, the Discover Adapt 20’s battery life was so good I never ran out of battery.
Premium audio speakers combined with a noise-canceling microphone ensure quality audio. The excellent audio not only helps you sound more professional but also helps keep out distractions. The microphone can be positioned on the left or right.
The USB cable and connection can be used to connect the headset if you don’t want to use the dongle, and you can also charge the headset while it’s being used. Normal charging time is 2-3 hours but could take up to 4 hours if it is really drained.
The volume button is a rocker-type switch; rotate to change the volume and push to mute. Holding down the volume button is for pairing the device. The center button is the hook on/off and answer/end.
The wireless range was excellent. My wife could walk from her office and down the hallway to the kitchen while listening to her office meetings. The added benefit is that I don’t have to hear all of that banking mumbo-jumbo when she has her meetings.
What I like
- Works every time
- Clear audio
- Excellent range
- Can charge while being used
- Lightweight at just 3 ounces
What I’d change
- I prefer the USB connection to the headset was Type-C
The Discover Adapt 20 Dual Speaker Wireless UC Headset does exactly what it should, and it does it well. It performed flawlessly, and the battery life was excellent. The wireless range was also fantastic.