REVIEW – For the past few years that I have been a part of the Gadgeteer team, I have been able to test and review several portable Bluetooth speakers of different sizes, power, features, and sound quality. Generally, all of the speakers I reviewed were decent with some outperforming others within their respective categories of quality of sound and features. I have not paid attention to any new models for a while, but I jumped at the opportunity to check out this Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Bluetooth Speaker. I had a hunch that I would be pleased. Let’s see if I was right.
What is it?
The Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Speaker is a 90W IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth speaker with LED Lights, a built-in power bank, Bluetooth 5.3, TWS, Custom EQ, 30H Playtime, and XBass.
What’s in the box
1 x Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Bluetooth Speaker
1 x Charging Cable
1 x User Manuel
Design and features
- Body-shaking XBass Tech: Providing a distortion-free, rich, and balanced sound, Tribit StormBox Blast is the powerful 90w portable speaker you need; Press the XBass to pump the bass and feel the body-shaking experience of the StormBox Blast.
- Incredible 30H Playtime: Thanks to Tribit’s Runstretch technology, this wireless speaker could provide 30 hours of dynamic sound; Whether it’s a family barbeque or a camping trip – day or night with the Tribit StormBox Blast.
- 32 Led Lights Sync to the Beats: The Tribit StormBox Blast is more than a portable speaker, it’s a show; Clap your hands and move your body to every beat of your music with this loud stereo speaker.
- Bluetooth 5.3 & Customize EQ Modes: Advanced Bluetooth 5.3 technology ensures up to 150 feet of music connection; With the Tribit APP, you can customize the sound without interrupting your music;
- IPX7 Waterproof Speaker with Powerbank Function: The outdoor waterproof speaker gives you the freedom to party from pool to shining sea and everywhere in between; No worries about the dead battery, the wireless Bluetooth speaker could charge smart devices as a power bank.
Output Power: 90W
Charging Time: 4.5hrs
Wireless Distance: 164ft (30m)
Dimensions (H x W x D): 16in x 6.4in x 8.9in
Battery Capacity: 71.28Wh(10.8V/6600mAh)
The Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Bluetooth Speaker is built of ABS/Plastic and is very solid. It features a logo-branded handle, soft touch buttons on the top, 2 speakers under the grille on the front, a speaker on each side, and LED lights around the front speakers and on the sides. On the back, there are the ports with a rubber cover to maintain waterproofing. There are rubber feet on the bottom.
The first thing I did out of the box was to charge the Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Bluetooth Speaker. The LED is orange when the speaker is being charged with the power off.
Once charged, I turned it on and the buttons lit up. The Bluetooth indicator flashes until a connection is made. The XBass can be turned on/off.
There is a Tribit app that can be used to customize the sound and lights. Here are some screenshots from the app:
Here is the Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Bluetooth Speaker in action:
What I like
- The sleek design
- The connectivity
- The sound
- The long-life battery
- The light show and the ability to change it or turn it off
- The extra bass option
- The ease of the Bluetooth connectivity
- That is it weatherproof to be safe for those careless accidents
- The App for customization
What I’d change
- It does what it is supposed to do and it does it very well. So, IMO no changes are needed.
The Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Bluetooth Speaker really is a blast. It is well built. sounds great, has that nice app for dialing in your own preferences, and provides lots of power for the most relevant types of use. IMHO, it is a nice deal, especially for the price and when compared to similar speakers on the market.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Tribit.
1 thought on “Tribit StormBox Blast Portable Bluetooth Speaker review”
Gadgeteer Comment Policy - Please read before commenting
I’d like to note an specifications error in your review. There are 4 speakers (Two drivers and two tweeters) on the front with two passive radiators on the sides. You can even see the two tweeters in the pictures you used , they are right in the upper corners under the grill.