REVIEW – Over the past few years, I have been the victim of credit card fraud on multiple occasions, and thankfully the credit card companies and on one occasion Amazon prevented the fraud attempts from being successful. These days, keeping your personal information confidential requires the use of various tools. One such physical tool is a shredder like the GBC AutoFeed+ 60X Super Cross-Cut Home Shredder I’m going to show you today.
What is it?
The GBC AutoFeed+ 60X, Super Cross-Cut Home Shredder is an Auto Feed shredder that allows you to feed up to 6 sheets of paper manually or open it and stack up to 60 sheets of paper and it does the rest. It can also shred credit cards.
What’s in the box
1 x GBC AutoFeed+ 60X, Super Cross-Cut Home Shredder
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Stack up to 60 sheets in the feeder for automatic shredding or manually feed up to 6 sheets at once
- Super cross-cut (P-4) shred style is perfect for shredding confidential or personal information
- Runs ultra-quietly to help minimize noisy disruptions in your home office
- Powerful induction motor with 10 minute continuous run time and large 5.25-gallon bin lets you shred longer without stopping
- Auto Forward and reverse functions help prevent jams
- Auto shreds documents, paper clips, and staples, while credit cards must be manually inserted
- Dimensions: 15″ W x 17″ D x 16″ H
- Material: Plastic
- Warranty: 2 years
- Cut/Security Level: Super Cross-cut/P-4
- Auto Feed: Yes
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 60
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 5.25
- Cut Type: Super Cross-cut
- Security Level: P-4
- Pack Quantity: 1
- Detailed Color: Black
- Date Indicator: Undated
The GBC AutoFeed+ 60X, Super Cross-Cut Home Shredder is somewhat large but is a good size for a home or small office. It is made mostly of plastic and has a manual feeder on the top along with the controls and LED indicators. The top opens to reveal the tray that allows for shredding stacks of paper. On the lower front, there is the paper bin and the power cord is on the back.
As I mentioned, the shredder is somewhat large compared to the home shredders that I have previously tested. Operation is plug and play. I simply unboxed it and plugged it in and it was ready to go. It is solidly built and its operation is very quiet. On the top, there is the control panel, and the handle to open the automatic feed tray.
The following video is a demo using the manual feed tray that allows up to 6 sheets. In this demo, I use a few sheets of card stock to push the shredder to its limit and it handles them with no problem:
This next video is a demonstration using the automatic feed tray:
While I did experience a weird paper jam with just regular paper, the shredder works great (For the record, the instructions do say that credit cards must be fed manually. Because that dummy credit card was not hard plastic like a regular credit card, I gave it a shot through the auto feeder). Regardless, I expect that when you put staples and hard cards, etc through a shredder, there will be a few jams which with this shredder are easy to remove.
What I like
- It is lightweight but well built
- It can shred even thick card stock with ease and is supposed to be able to shred credit cards. (I did not have one to try)
- The large capacity bit
- The quiet operation
What I’d change
- It does exactly what it is designed to do
Over the years I have owned a few shredders and eventually, I got rid of all of them because they jammed easily with not a whole lot of paper and because the bin capacity was too small for my needs and I got tired of having to empty the bin so often. The GBC AutoFeed+ 60X, Super Cross-Cut Home Shredder is great. It has a great capacity and so far it has shredded everything I have thrown at it with relative ease minus a few minor jams here and there. In this era of prevalent identity theft, this is a winner.
Where to buy: GBC website
Source: The sample for this review was provided by GBC.