REVIEW – I live near the ocean, and regardless of season, I experience power outages. Over the years, I have purchased and tried numerous power banks with the hope that having enough of them would be the solution for handling the power and charge/recharge option for my numerous devices and for sometimes extended blackouts. It is very obvious that one large enough but still portable power station with numerous ports of different common types would be a better solution for me. Enter the Maxoak Bluetti AC50S Power Bank.
What is it?
The Maxoak Bluetti AC50S Power Station is a high capacity lithium solar generator capable of providing 500Wh/300W(Peak 450W). It features 45Ah, 11.1V, with multiple outlets that include 2 x AC120V US outlet (pure sine-wave), 2 x DC12V – 3A, 1 x DC12V – 9A, 1 x PD 45W Type-C USB, and 4 x USB-A. Also provides regulated 12V, MPPT, Wireless Charging, PD 45W USB-C, Pure Sine-Wave, LED Lighting, and a car cigarette lighter.
What’s in the box
1 x BLUETTI Portable Power Station
1 x AC Adapter & Cable
1 x Cigarette Lighter Cable( Cigarette Port to DC7909 Connector Male)
1 x MC4 Cable (MC4 Connector to DC 7909 male)
1 x USB Type-C Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Service Card
Design and features
- 500Wh/300W(Peak 450W) Power Station:45Ah, 11.1V, high capacity lithium solar generator for small appliance (Max.300W), regulated 12V DC Output.
- Auto-level Battery Cell thus has a higher discharge rate, lower heat, and safer than the ordinary battery cores, the cycle life is 1000+.
- Wireless Charging Options.
- All-in-1 Power station with Multi-Output for various power needs: 2*AC120V US outlet (pure sine-wave), 2*DC12V3A, 1*DC12V9A Car Cigarette lighter, 1* PD 45W Type-C, 4*USB-A
- Charge and Discharge (Pass-through) Function.
- AC/Solar/Car Recharge three ways to charge: 6-7Hrs to fully recharge the power station from AC adapter; 4-5Hrs to recharge it fully by a 120W Solar Panel (Not Include, MPPT Charge Mode); 6-7Hrs to full recharge by car. A foldable handle design is perfect for outdoor adventure and camping.
- LED Lighting Design (including SOS Function).
- Battery Management System (BMS) and more advanced safety functions.
- Noise-free, Zero Emissions, Eco-friendly.
- Portable and lightweight: only 13.6lbs with a foldable handle, space-saving.
- 24 months warranty.
With the exception of the port to charge the Power Station, all of the ports are on one of the large sides of the device. The is also the LED display.
On the opposite side, there is the light switch, the LED light panel, and the input charging port.
On top of the device, there are two convenient carrying handles that raise up for carrying and fold flat when not in use. On both of the smaller sides of the device, there are vents that cover cooling fans.
The following photos show the adapter cables that are included.
As with any Power Station, the first thing that I did was to charge the device.
The following chart shows the power/charge capabilities once the Power Station is fully charged.
Here is a photo of the Power Station charging and powering multiple devices.
This power station is a great solution for me. It has more than enough ports for my needs and delivers enough power for a small appliance. Since I only need it for my devices, that longevity is fantastic. It does get a bit warm when being charged and when powering multiple devices, but that is something that I consider normal. It is built mostly of plastic, and has a rubber gasket that provides protection around all of the edges which will protect it from “normal” bumps, and when it is placed on a surface. There are also 4 rubber feet on the bottom.
What I like
- Build quality
- The number of ports and the connectivity options
- The power delivery capability
- the sturdy carrying handle
- The relatively acceptable recharge time
What I’d change
- It does what it is designed to do
While no power station can ever meet every need whether is it size, or weight, or specific portability, this power station certainly meets my needs for when I experience power outages and when in the field and have the need for portable power. The power it provides makes it very versatile and very capable and along with the various connectivity options, in my book, it is a winner!!
Price: $429.99 (Amazon); $389.99 (Maxoak website)
Where to buy: Maxoak website and Amazon ($30 off at checkout and $12 off coupon code: bluetti50s does not expire)
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Maxoak