REVIEW – For many years I have been a casual coffee drinker, but over the past 3 years I have become used to having 2 or 3 refills of my large mug every day at work from Monday to Friday. French Vanilla has become my favorite flavor, and I like my coffee strong/bold and for the flavor to be “even and smooth”. I have used several different brands of Coffee Makers, and have learned that the way the Coffee maker works definitely impacts the brewing capability and resulting taste. The Vinci Auto Pour Over 12-Cup Coffee Maker uses its own patented technology that promises a nice brew with a rich and smooth flavor. Let’s see!!
What is it?
The Vinci Auto Pour Over 12-Cup Coffee Maker uses an electric pour-over brewing method to achieve a balanced, smooth, pour-over coffee flavor without all the manual effort.
What’s in the box
1 x Vinci Auto Pour Over 12-Cup Coffee Maker
I x 12-Cup Glass Carafe with lid
1 x Measuring Spoon
1 x Cone-Shaped Brew Basket
1 x Permanent Cone Filter
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- AUTOMATED POUR OVER BREWER – Vinci’s Rotary Dispersion Spray Head spins as it brews – replicating the manual pour over method and replacing it with an automated process for a more balanced, delicious brew.
- SPINNING SPRAY HEAD – ensures proper water dispersion~extracting all coffee grounds equally for a more balanced brew and a better cup of coffee. Traditional drip coffee machines struggle with uneven water dispersion, delivering over or under-extracted grounds for a less balanced coffee.
- INCLUDES PRE-SOAK FEATURE – The automatic, 12-Cup carafe pour-over, stainless steel coffee machine’s Bloom feature primes the ground coffee for an optimum brewing experience resulting in an even better-tasting cup of coffee.
- QUALITY DESIGN & BETTER TASTE – has all the features you want ~ Automatic Pour-Over, Pre-Programmable Wake to Brew, Keep Warm, Easy to Program, Consistent Water Brewing Temperature, Brews a 12-Cup Carafe of Pour Over Coffee, 90 Minute Auto-Off. Compatible with the permanent mesh filter (included) or #2 and #4 paper filters. BPA-Free. Measures 11″ L x 8″ W x 16.5″ H.
When you open the top lid of the Coffee maker, attached to the lid is the Rotary Dispersion Spray Head that handles the even pour over the ground coffee. In the base, there is the water receptacle at the back and in front, there is the receptacle for the Brew Basket and filter.
The Brew Basket is first inserted into the Coffee Maker, and then the filter.
The Carafe has a plastic handle and lid and simply slides into the front of the Coffee Maker as most do.
On the front of this attractive Coffee Maker, there is a large panel in black surrounded by stainless steel. The panel covers the LED and control panel that displays the time and timer status. Below it there is a small button for the Bloom function which is the even pour-over water dispersion system, and next to it is the brew button.
If you want to use the Bloom feature, you press that button first and then you press the Brew button. Both LEDs turn from blue to red when pressed/activated.
You can use the Brew button by itself if you choose not to use the Bloom function or to reheat the coffee. There is also an automatic Pause and Pour feature that allows you to remove the Carafe while the Coffee Maker is brewing, and it will pause until you replace it.
Once the brewing is over, you can remove the filter to empty the used coffee grounds.
The clock and timer functions are the same as most Coffee Makers and perform the same.
The manufacturer indicates that after approximately 100 brews, the Clean Indicator Light will illuminate on the Control panel. This is the time to descale the Auto Pour Over mechanism.
What I like
- The design and appearance
- The ease of use
- The smooth cup of coffee it brews
- The automatic Pause and Pour feature
What I’d change
- Have it use standard conventional filters if not using the basket filter. Not a fan of the #4 paper filter which can be used in place of the basket filter.
After trying this Coffee Maker for a few weeks, I have to say that I am quite pleased with it, and now that I have been working at home during the Coronavirus quarantine period, it is used every morning to provide really satisfying cups of coffee for my wife and me. It is also a very attractive appliance and looks great on our kitchen counter. Well done and two thumbs up!!