Today Roborock, makers of popular robotic vacuums launched the latest vacuum in its top-of-the-line S series, the Roborock S4. The S4 joins Roborock’s highly successful S5 Max and S6 models. The S4 has tons of features but comes in at the lowest price point in the S series ($399.99).
The S4’s features:
- Precision laser navigation
- A revamped drive train specifically designed to keep the S4 harder to trap
- Powerful 2000pa of suction for deep cleaning with four different power modes, silent, standard, medium, & turbo
- A supersized 5200mAh LiPo battery that gives it up to 150 minutes of non-stop cleaning
- Built-in fall protection with four onboard cliff sensors
The S4’ biggest feature is its revamped drivetrain that keeps it from getting stuck in corners or on furniture. “With the S4 we looked to tackle the issue of navigating furniture head-on so consumers can trust that it will always finish the job, even when they’re not home,” said Simon Wan, Roborock co-founder and vice president.
The Roborock app gives you control of the S4 from anywhere with an internet connection. Start or stop a cleanup, set schedules, and even change suction levels. You can also use the app to place no-go zones or set virtual barriers.
I’m currently testing the S4, so look for my full review on The Gadgeteer in the coming weeks.