NEWS – Fossil’s smartwatches have come a long way since Judie and I posted our joint review of their Palm and Pocket PC wrist PDAs over 16 years ago! Those bulky monochrome monstrosities are nothing like the smartwatches of today and are definitely not like Fossil’s latest Sport Smartwatch which runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform and the newly redesigned Wear OS by Google. The new watch features:
- Nylon case, aluminum topring and pushers
- 41 mm, 43 mm case size
- Stunning touchscreen digital display
- 24+ hours battery life (based on usage) + 2 additional days in battery saver watch mode
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets (18mm / 22mm)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 3100 Platform
- Sensors: Heart Rate, NFC, GPS, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Microphone
- Powered with Wear OS by Google and compatible with iOS 9.3+ and Android™ 4.4+ (excluding Go edition)
- Connect via Bluetooth® technology
- Wireless syncing + magnetic charging
Designed to keep you on track with your health and other activities, the Sport smartwatch will sprint through the whole day without needing a recharge and when it does need to be juiced back up, you won’t be waiting around because the rapid charging feature allows the smartwatch to be almost completely charged within an hour,
The Fossil Sport Smartwatch retails for $255 and is available for purchase on www.fossil.com, Target, and other retailers.
2 thoughts on “Fossil’s new Sport Smartwatch is colorful and packed with features”
Gadgeteer Comment Policy - Please read before commenting
I went back and looked at the pictures of the old one that you and Judie reviewed. I’m sure I wanted one of those at the time!
Chris, we all did! It’s amazing how much these smartwatches have evolved.