WaterField has announced the “renaissance” of its Rough Rider bag. It’s still a rugged, premium-leather laptop bag reminiscent of an Old West satchel, but it’s now updated with modern features. Rough Rider still retains these classic features, as described by WaterField:
- Constructed of thick, full-grain leather with raw edges for an adventurous yet sophisticated look; develops a beautiful patina with use.
- A dual-layer leather flap shuts securely with strong snaps and is adjustable to two lengths, so users can fill the bag to capacity or cinch it tight. Either way the bag maintains its slim profile.
- An unlined interior and natural edges reveal the leather’s premium quality.
- A sumptuous leather panel under the flap creates a color splash— available in six color choices.
- The innovative strap system compresses bag contents to maintain a slim profile and positions the bag snugly against the body to help ease back fatigue.
- Two deep, waxed canvas pockets in the main compartment fit a tablet, smart phone and additional necessities.
- A full-width, luxuriously-soft, lined pocket under the flap stows electronics or personal items.
- A floating shoulder pad with a no-slip underside keeps the shoulder strap in place.
- A top leather handle allows for a quick grab.
WaterField has added these modern features:
- An interior waxed canvas, plush, padded laptop compartment that readily fits up to a 15-inch MacBook Pro.
- Two slots hold an Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, or a regular ballpoints.
- A rolling suitcase handle pass-through lets your messenger ride on your suitcase handle for easier transport.
The leather accent panel is available in blue, black, crimson, espresso, gray, or grizzly. The Rough Rider Messenger Bag is $429. Orders placed today will ship by May 4 from WaterField.