On the heels of my recent review of the GOcase Compact GoPro Case, we have the Case Logic Kontrast action camera case. Yes, THAT Case Logic. The very name conjures up memories of cassette and CD organizers of my youth. Let’s see what today’s Case Logic comes up with.
- Compatible with up to 2 action cameras, such as GoPro, plus accessories
- Water-resistant DuraBase offers protection and stability from the ground up
- Protect camera by separating accessories with adjustable, padded divider wall
- Organization panel provides flexible storage for cords, mounts, goosenecks and other small accessories
- Removable zippered pouch keeps small pieces safe and accessible
- Dual zippers on main compartment designed to fit a luggage lock for extra security
- Convenient carrying handle
- High visibility lining provides contrast to quickly spot accessories
- Size 10.6 x 3.7 x 6.9 in
- Weight 0.79 lb
- Materials Polyester
- Warranty 25 years
- Color Black
The very first thing I wondered was, “how do you carry this thing?” The Kontrast has a carry handle. The size and shape of the bag reminded me of a toiletry bag or shaving kit.
I found two of these diagonal straps on the lid. I’m not exactly sure what they’re for. Perhaps a shoulder strap attachment? ID tag loop?
One of the prominent features of the Kontrast is this rigid water-resistant “Durabase” bottom. It looks and feels like it could take quite a bit of abuse. It also helps maintain the shape and stability of the bag.
My sample clocked in at 13.8 ounces (empty).
Inside, you can see why they called this the “Kontrast”. The bright Kermit the Frog green shade really livens things up.
All of the dividers come out, leaving the organizing to you.
While the base is rigid, the lid/flap is not. It’s just padded.
The flap itself features several slots and pouches. The two small ones are big enough to fit a GoPro battery, but not the remote.
Just like the GOcase, the Kontrast features a removable zip-top pouch. This one has hook and loop tape at the bottom to keep things in place.
The Kontrast is larger than the GOcase, as you can see side-by-side. Also note that the GOcase has no storage on the lid.
I scrounged up as many action cameras as I could plus some random accessories, and the Kontrast had no problem gobbling them all up. I didn’t even come close to the Kontrast’s capacity. I have no doubt it could hold more. Note the different divider configuration.
If you need an organized way to carry your action cameras and accessories, but need more room than the GOcase Compact GoPro Case can supply, the Case Logic Kontrast action camera case is the way to go.
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Case Logic. Please visit http://www.caselogic.com for more info.