AMD have announced another addition to the list of the ‘5000’ series of premium, gaming graphics cards.
Called the ATI Radeon HD 5830, it will sit snugly between the HD 5770 and the HD 5850, more or less filling the gap between the two!
The specifications for the 5830 are:
- Engine clock speed: 500 MHz
- Processing power (single precision): 0.8 TeraFLOPS
- Polygon throughput: 500M polygons/sec
- Data fetch rate (32-bit): 80 billion fetches/sec
- Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 20 Gigatexels/sec
- Pixel fill rate: 8 Gigapixels/sec
- Anti-aliased pixel fill rate: 32 Gigasamples/sec
- Memory clock speed: 800 MHz DDR3/GDDR3
- Memory data rate: 1.6 Gbps DDR3/GDDR3
- Memory bandwidth: 25.6 GB/sec
- TDP: 24 Watts
Compared with the slighty better HD 5870, the latest offering isn’t bad… and with a price of around $230, they’ll not break the bank either!