Asus’ Honeycomb-enabled tablet the Eee Pad Transformer TF 101 received an over-the-air upgrade yesterday that enabled U.S. owners to watch Netflix “Instant Watch” content and Sony’s Crackle. The Transformer has been running the latest version of Android (3.2) for a couple of weeks but required an additional patch to enable the Netflix server to allow a connection. Details on how to get it after the jump.
If you haven’t received a notification about the update yet, you can download it manually:
- Fully charge and/or plug-in your tablet.
- Tap Settings
- Tap About Tablet
- Tap System Firmware Update
- Tap Check Update
- Follow on-screen instruction
- After the install is completely done. I like to reboot my tablet by turning it off and on.
- If you also own the Transformer’s matching keyboard dock, you’ll want to now plug your tablet into that dock and allow it to update that device as well.
- You should now be running Bulid number HTJ858.US_epad=188.8.131.52-20110816
Netflix still shows as not being compatible in the Android Market, but you can download it other ways and it will run. This link will take you to a site that has full directions. If you would rather wait, I expect that Netflix will update the Market in the near future. Crackle is now available directly in the Android Market.