Grichels Bags and Cases – A Wrinkle in Reality

Like most Etsy shops, Grichels sells limited edition handmade items.  Grichels has modified a lighted Sony Pocket Reader case by applying a piece of leather that has been wrinkled and combined with a pair of eyes to form Gonart, the reader guardian.  The Sony reader cover is $76.  The shop also offers a variety of bags, leather hair accessories, even earmuffs, all with these ethereal creature designs.

Posted in: eBook Readers, Gear, News

• Julie January 24, 2011, 7:40 am

Ok, that’s a little creepy ;) Cool. But creepy.

• FluidDruid January 24, 2011, 9:16 am

Definitely creepy. It reminds me of the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis from the Evil Dead trilogy…

• Janet Cloninger January 24, 2011, 9:23 am

@FluidDruid Wow! I’m disappointed! With your name, I thought for sure you’d see a tree spirit or something in that wizened face! ;o)

• Sandee Cohen January 24, 2011, 9:52 am

I love it. I see wisdom, curiousity, kindness, and just a hint of mischief in the face.

• Mark Berry January 24, 2011, 12:59 pm

It’s good to see that they are still around. I have a framed piece on my wall with three faces and a vase. I bought them years ago when they had a booth set up at the renaissance fair outside of Chicago. My girlfriend thinks they are creepy but guess what, they are on display anyway.

• Tracie December 4, 2012, 6:35 am

I just love them, they remind me of tree man. Grichels is my fave etsy shop! If I ever get chance to go to America ,I’m looking them up.
    Tracie Australia

• Janet Cloninger December 4, 2012, 8:36 am

@Tracie This is an online shop, and I’m not sure they have a retail location other than through Etsy. They do ship internationally, though.

• meg September 19, 2013, 3:26 am

Wait! Wait! Wait everybody!!!!
    I t was serendipitous that I had a few minutes with a girl while in Denver just this past weekend, who happenned to be WEARING one of these fantastic bags! My opinion is that I must get one!

It was a friendly looking “tree “. So artistic! Viola! I’ll be looking to purchase one soon. (Depending on affordability )
    And predicting the wear, it may be the last bag I’ll ever need. Honest!! {U c? I’m 66 soon and still ‘hip’}

And, I’ll be proud of my unique style.

With love. Mo

• meg September 19, 2013, 3:30 am

Oops ….. should have been signed simply. …
    …..
    M

• Lady rebecca December 6, 2013, 11:40 am

I love grichels, I have a bodice that’s sooo amazing, handbags and cell phone case, totally unique, and very well made. Worth every penny!!!