Content Nav Menu

Grichels Bags and Cases – A Wrinkle in Reality

on January 24, 2011 6:30 am

Like most Etsy shops, Grichels sells limited edition handmade items.  Grichels has modified a lighted Sony Pocket Reader case by applying a piece of leather that has been wrinkled and combined with a pair of eyes to form Gonart, the reader guardian.  The Sony reader cover is $76.  The shop also offers a variety of bags, leather hair accessories, even earmuffs, all with these ethereal creature designs.

Comments

1. 1
    Julie says:

Ok, that’s a little creepy ;) Cool. But creepy.

2. 2
    FluidDruid says:

Definitely creepy. It reminds me of the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis from the Evil Dead trilogy…

3. 3
    Janet Cloninger says:

@FluidDruid Wow! I’m disappointed! With your name, I thought for sure you’d see a tree spirit or something in that wizened face! ;o)

4. 4
    Sandee Cohen says:

I love it. I see wisdom, curiousity, kindness, and just a hint of mischief in the face.

5. 5
    Mark Berry says:

It’s good to see that they are still around. I have a framed piece on my wall with three faces and a vase. I bought them years ago when they had a booth set up at the renaissance fair outside of Chicago. My girlfriend thinks they are creepy but guess what, they are on display anyway.

6. 6
    Tracie says:

I just love them, they remind me of tree man. Grichels is my fave etsy shop! If I ever get chance to go to America ,I’m looking them up.
    Tracie Australia

7. 7
    Janet Cloninger says:

@Tracie This is an online shop, and I’m not sure they have a retail location other than through Etsy. They do ship internationally, though.

8. 8
    meg says:

Wait! Wait! Wait everybody!!!!
    I t was serendipitous that I had a few minutes with a girl while in Denver just this past weekend, who happenned to be WEARING one of these fantastic bags! My opinion is that I must get one!

It was a friendly looking “tree “. So artistic! Viola! I’ll be looking to purchase one soon. (Depending on affordability )
    And predicting the wear, it may be the last bag I’ll ever need. Honest!! {U c? I’m 66 soon and still ‘hip’}

And, I’ll be proud of my unique style.

With love. Mo

9. 9
    meg says:

Oops ….. should have been signed simply. …
    …..
    M

10. 10
    Lady rebecca says:

I love grichels, I have a bodice that’s sooo amazing, handbags and cell phone case, totally unique, and very well made. Worth every penny!!!