REVIEW – Vacuuming or dusting inside is such a thankless task: you clean today, and three days later, it looks like you’ve never cleaned! I have a long-haired dog, so I can live with a large amount of leaves, dirt, and sweet gum balls scattered around my house, but at some point, I just have to call it and run the stinkin’ vacuum! The Honiture S14 cordless stick vac I’m reviewing today makes that less painful, but is it a final solution? Let’s see.
What is it?
The Honiture S14 is a cordless stick vacuum cleaner with an adjustable height, a swivel head, and a powered rotary brush.
What’s in the box?
- Honiture S14 vacuum
- Scent disc
- Crevice and brush tools
- Wall mount
Click to expand
From the manufacturer’s website.
- 𝑶𝑳𝑬𝑫 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝑺𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑫𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚 – HONITURE cordless vacuum cleaner adopts the latest top technology, customized with 8 kinds of animation modes, providing you with a brand new experience. You can master the use status of the cordless stick vacuum cleaner at a glance, more convenient to maintain the vacuum cleaner 2023 and effectively extend its lifespan. With an OLED screen, clearer and more energy saving, S14 smart vacuum cleaner, everyone can use, everyone can understand.
- 40𝑲𝑷𝒂 𝑷𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝑺𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝑭𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑶𝒖𝒕 – Adopting the latest brushless motor with a speed of 200,000 rpm, the S14 cordless vacuum cleaner 500 watt provides a suction power of up to 40 Kpa. No longer worry about the cuties’ hair spread around the house. With 3 adjustable gears, it can achieve whole-house cleaning. And built-in aromatherapy tablet, thus leaving a light fragrance in every room it touches.
- 55 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 – Thanks to the built-in BMS intelligent management system with a dual chip protection board, the S14 cordless vacuum cleaner rechargeable has a longer lifespan, effectively avoiding battery heating, undercharging, and power drains faster problems. With multi-cone cyclone filtration, effectively reduce the clogging of the vacuum cleaner filtration system, making the strong cordless vacuum cleaner easier to use and more effective in filtration.
- 𝑬𝒂𝒔𝒚 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕, 𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 – S14 cordless vacuum cleaner is designed in an ergonomic dual-handle way, your wrist does not get sore during use, but it also meets your needs. Easy to clean dirt on the car seat, table, furniture bottom, stairs, and sofa. During cleaning, if you suddenly need to take a call, you can lean the cordless vacuum directly against the armrest of the sofa or the corner of the table. S14 handheld vacuum is designed to be more user-friendly.
- 𝑬𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏, 𝑵𝒐 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒓 – The combination of a 5-series Large floor brush and V-shaped brush roll allows you to clean deeply hair and particles on the floor or carpet, effective floor cleaning for the whole home. Equipped with a special design along the edge, it can effectively vacuum dirt and dust along the wall and corners. And the bright LED light design, which illuminate the dark places, you will not miss any dust and garbage, cleaning without dead corner.
Design and features
The HONITURE S14 stick vacuum is 46” long at full extension, but can be shortened to as short as 37”. The main motor has a vertical handle built-in, with a on-off-power level button at the top where your thumb can hit it easily. There is a hanging bracket with wall anchors to mount it along with the two accessories – a crevice tool and a furniture brush. There is accommodation for the battery to be charged while in the hanging bracket, but in case your broom closet doesn’t have power, you can charge it off the device.
On the top of the handle is a screen with an animated display. It changes depending on the speed of the motor. (I saw no reason for this display, but they keep on mentioning it in their marketing. Having an LED that indicates “Hi-Med-Low” would be just as useful.)
The Honiture S14 cordless stick vacuum arrives disassembled, but the modules easily snap into place. They are locked into place with a simple tab-in-slot mechanism, and can only be inserted in one way. If you want to use the scent disc, unwrap it and place it in the area under the filter cover by twisting off the cover and pulling it off.
The Honiture S14 cordless stick vacuum feels sturdy when assembled, and replacement parts are readily available online. HONITURE has a huge number of different units available, so make sure you specify the proper model number when ordering filters or replacement parts.
When I first powered the Honiture S14 cordless stick vacuum on and ran it over a patch of hair and leaf debris Jack had brought in, I was excited by how quickly it pulled the trash off the floor. I started hitting the hot-spots of his napping places, and was delighted by not having to unplug and drag a power cord from room to room. By the third area, however, the dust cup was full. Unclipping it and twisting it off is quite difficult, both due to the size of the canister, and the larger leaf trash that had collected in the main pipe that could not get into the canister. That canister is just a bit larger in diameter than a wine bottle, but not as large as a 2-liter soda bottle, so it’s tough to grab with one hand while the other is keeping the main stick under control. There is nothing to hold onto.
The dust cup (at the bottom of the canister) only holds about a cup of trash, though. The bottom flips out and debris falls out, but there’s no easy way to get it out if it’s something light like a ball of pet hair.
What I like
- Light weight
- Easy to maneuver
- Good battery life
What I’d change
- Dust cup is small but hard to grasp with one hand. It is difficult to remove.
- Not enough power for excessive pet hair and larger debris.
I love the weight and design of the Honiture S14 cordless stick vacuum, but the poor performance on the typical things that need to be cleaned up around my place is frustrating. I’m still trying to see if there is any better performance to be had with one of the other modes, but so far, the leaves and hair have kept it on the lower tier of vacuums that I have experienced.