REVIEW – It is summer again, and it feels like the entire planet got hotter this year. I recently took the window AC out of my home office/studio and installed it in one of the windows of my living room to silence my kids’ complaints. Now my office is burning up and I need relief. Enter the Costway 10000 BTU 4-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier.
What is it?
The Costway 10000 BTU 4-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier is a multi-function device capable of effectively cooling rooms/spaces up to 350sq.ft, Its features include a 24H Timer and Sleep Mode and a remote control is included for added convenience.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Costway 10000 BTU 4-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier
- 1 x Exhaust Hose
- 1 x Hose Connector
- 1 x Window Kit Adapter
- 1 x Window Kit
- 1 x Remote Control
- 1 x User Manual
Overall Dimensions: 12″ x 12″ x 27.5″ (L x W x H)
Cooling Capacity (ASHRAE): 10000BTU
Cooling Capacity (SACC): 7000BTU
Recommended Cooling Area: 350 sq. ft
Dehumidifying Capacity: 50 Pints/Day
Temperature Range: 60.8°F-89.6°F
Suitable Window Size: 25.5″-47″
Water Tank Capacity: 650ml
Noise Level: ≤55dB
Power Cord Length: 6FT
Net Weight: 50.5 lbs
Design and features
● 4-in-1 Multifunctional Air Conditioner: Featuring 4 different modes–cool, dry, fan, and sleep, this 10000 BTU air conditioner allows you to enjoy a customized cooling experience with 2 fan speeds and the temperature adjustment(between 60.8˚F and 89.6˚F). In addition, adopted with a powerful GMCC compressor, the window air conditioners can cool down an area of 350 sq. ft. in a short time.
● Sleep Mode and Humanized Design: Designed with sleep mode, this quiet AC unit with a 24H timer runs with low noise (≤ 55 dB) for restful sleep and work time. Besides, the louver can be adjusted within 90 degrees vertically and 60 degrees horizontally. Thoughtful side handles and 4 casters make it easy to move it into any room.
● Smart Control Function and LED Display: You can easily set the time, temperature, and mode by touching the smart control panel and you can also check the working status at any time through the clear and easy-to-read LED display. More importantly, the air conditioner can also be controlled by remote control from a distance of up to 16.5 feet.
● Protective Features: Child lock and grid design prevent children from touching, maximizing the protection of children’s safety. Automatic defrosting function and overload protection effectively prolong the service life. The high-density removable and washable air filter helps realize the effective elimination of dust for better living conditions.
● Flexible and Easy Installation: Comes with the window kit and detailed instructions, this 4 in 1 portable AC is easy to install and adapts double/single hung windows or sliding slash windows no more than 47″ long/wide. And the drain hole at the bottom is convenient for you to drain manually.
The Costway 10000 BTU 4-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier features a touchpad with a LED on the top that includes all of the controls. On the front, there are manual louvered windows and a LED display. There are handles on the top of each side and on the back there are filters and vents and drainage ports for the dehumidification function and drainage.
Installation and Performance
The first step to installing the Costway Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier is to install the window air vent. I always find that the supplied window air vents seem to be designed to fit vertical windows. As I have done with all of the others I have installed, I cut the vent to fit my window.
Attaching the hose and the AC was easy and then it was ready to go.
This Costway 10000 BTU 4-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier works very well and keeps my office very cool and comfortable. It is relatively quiet and takes up less space than my other portable AC. Installation is easy and the remote and touchpad respond very well.
What I like
- Nice design
- Nice control panel
- Well built
- Cools well
- Compact for a 10,000 BTU AC
What I’d change
- The air louvers in the front of the AC should be powered and open/close as a part of the power on/off process.
The Costway 10000 BTU 4-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier works very well as an AC and as a dehumidifier, although I do not use the dehumidifier function regularly. It is a nicely designed device and is much smaller than my other portable AC. It does a great job cooling my office/studio. Well done.