REVIEW – Recently, I have been enjoying testing and reviewing small portable monitors. The last 2 monitors I tested were 17.3″ and 15.6″ and I really like using them. I have been trying to create a small and compact EDC system until I decide to replace my laptop that recently developed a power problem. The 15.6″ inch monitor fits neatly into my backpack along with my mini PC and wireless keyboard and mouse. Imagine my surprise when I found out that I can make my system even more compact with this Elecrow Meteor Screen 10.1″ IPS Capacitive Touch Screen with RGB Animated light.
What is it?
The Elecrow Meteor Screen 10.1″ IPS Capacitive Touch Screen with RGB Animated light features a 1280 x 800 resolution and supports multiple operating systems including Raspberry Pi, Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, etc. It is compatible with Raspberry Pi 3/3B+/4B, Jetson Nano, Beaglebone, Banana Pi, and other mainstream development boards. In addition, the design includes an RGB water light design on its back. It supports 5-point touch and multi-touch gestures like click, press, zoom in/out, etc.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Elecrow Meteor Screen 10.1″ IPS Capacitive Touch Screen with RGB Animated light
- 1 x HDMI Cable
- 1 x Micro USB Cable(45cm)
- 1 x Micro USB Cable（100cm）
- 1 x M2.5 Screw Pack
- 1 x Phillips screwdriver
- 2 x Bracket
- 1 x Micro HDMI Adapter
Design and features
- IPS HD 1280*800 resolution and 178°Full Viewing Angle give you an excellent visual experience.
- RGB water lights on the back create a cool atmosphere, 19 kinds of customized LED Flow the mode can be switched freely.
- Support backlight control
- Capacitive 5-Point Touch, smooth, accurate, and fast response
- Use HDMI communication, touch-free drive, plug and play, and easy to use.
- Support Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Kodi, etc.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3/3B+/4B, Jetson Nano, Beaglebone
The Elecrow Meteor Screen 10.1″ IPS Capacitive Touch Screen with RGB Animated light is clad with glass on the front for the screen and the back. The control buttons are on the top right-hand edge and the ports are on the right side on the back. The ports are HDMI, a micro USB for power, and another micro USB for the Touch function. There are 2 separate legs that are provided to be used to stand up the monitor.
This Elecrow Meteor Screen 10.1″ IPS Capacitive Touch Screen with RGB Animated light is truly Plug and Play. All I needed to do was connect the HDMI cable and the micro USB to USB-A cables for power and touch functions.
This monitor has 4 screw mounts on the back so that you can mount a Raspberry Pi directly to the back. For my testing, I used a mini PC with Windows 11 OS, and I also tested it with my Raspberry Pi with DakBoard loaded and it worked just fine. After all, it is a display.
The following video provides a short tour of this monitor including the LED lighting:
What I like
- Attractive and sleek look
- It is portable and lightweight
- The ability to mount a Raspberry Pi on the back
- The display and resolution for the 10″ screen
- The touchscreen performs very well
- It can be powered via the USB-A port on a PC. No AC adapter is needed.
What I’d change
- I would like to see built-in flip-out legs rather than having to make sure I don’t lose the included stands
The Elecrow Meteor Screen 10.1″ IPS Capacitive Touch Screen with RGB Animated light is IMHO a great mini touchscreen monitor that I simply love. Connectivity is simple and straightforward and the screen and overall display are great. I like that I can mount a Raspberry Pi on the back if I want to use that and make it an even smaller package. I love that the monitor can be powered via the USB A port on a PC so no AC adapter is needed. The animated lights around the back are a nice touch but not one I personally find any value in. I also wish that the design somehow included built-in flip-out legs so I don’t have to remember to always have the 2 included stands. Otherwise, I give this monitor a well done and two thumbs up!!!