REVIEW – I have always been a DIYer, and since I purchased my new home, I have been very busy with projects around the house. I am always interested in tools that will make my tasks easier. This TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander should be very helpful. Let’s see!!
What is it?
The TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander is a 3.0 amp 350W 5-inch random orbit sander. It generates 13,000 orbits per minute.
What’s in the box
1 x TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
6 x 80 Grit Sanding Disc
6 x 180 Grit Sanding Disc
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Strong Applicability: 6 Adjustable speed dial supports you to monitor the exact right speed according to different work; 3.0A (350W) /13000 OPM motor offers strong power, It can work 13000 orbits per minute comparing with traditional manual grinding.
- High-Performance Dust Collection: It provides a clean work environment with a compact size and ergonomic design. This sander can get into tight spaces easily and meet maximize user control, the ideal for the DIY homeowner.
- Efficient and Comfortable Design: Rubberized palm grip design for improved operator comfort and control; Located at the top of the sander, the switch is activated by pressing down naturally with the palm of the hand as if the sander is in use.
- Ideal for Indoor Work: Precision-engineered all-ball bearing construction for reduced vibration and noise, the machine works stably with low vibration, low noise, ideal for indoor work. Not suitable for wall sanding, the dust of the wall is too thin to block the collecting system, dust is easily diffused, can’t achieve the desired dust collecting effect.
The sander has an on/off switch on the front for easy access. It also has a built-in dustbin and a rotary speed/power selector switch.
Out of the box, the only thing you need to do is select the sanding pad that you want and simply press it onto the sander.
There is a speed control button for you to select your desired speed/power for the job.
The following video shows me sanding/polishing a piece of wood that I am using for a project. I am using 180 grit sandpaper. it is also important to note that the piece of wood I am sanding is sitting freely on the 2 end posts of my basement stairs. The sander does not create major vibration so the wood stayed in place by itself:
What I like
- The build quality
- The built-in dust catcher
- The ease of attaching sanding pads
- The ease of use (low vibration)
What I’d change
- Make it cordless
Overall, this sander is a good tool to have and IMHO is a very good purchase for the price. It has enough power to handle most household sanding jobs, can be used with standard 5″ sanding pads, creates low vibration for easy handling, and it is well built.