REVIEW – Now that I have moved into my new home office/studio, I am able to design the layout of the room to accommodate all of my gigs that include photo/video editing, some product photography, and hosting a podcast. I really like to work at night, and I find that the right lighting can really affect my mood and this productivity. Let’s see if this Govee Glow LED Table Lamp will work for my space.
What is it?
The Govee Glow LED Table Lamp is a smart lamp that can be controlled via an app, voice, or touch. It is RGBWW dimmable and offers ambient lighting with 20 Scene Modes.
What’s in the box
1 x Govee Glow LED Table Lamp
1 x AC adapter
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Relaxing Ambiance: With over 16 million colors including warm white and color temperatures from 1800-3000k, you can create stunning surroundings for any occasion with a stylish addition to your home decor.
- 20 Scene Modes: Multiple scenes such as Leisure, Candlelight, Romantic, Ocean provide alluring backdrops to your home life. Bring creativity and depth of color to your home. Get creative with the DIY effect function.
- Multi-control: Effortless voice control via Alexa and Google Assistant, app control via the Govee Home app, and straightforward touch control buttons give you creative freedom and multiple control options.
- Music Sync Mode: A built-in, high-sensitivity mic syncs lighting to your favorite music. Switch between dynamic and calm music modes to set the tone when having a quiet get-together or planning a lively party.
- Stylish Design: The slim, sleek outline and superior silver finish provide a distinctive decor to your bedroom, living room, or games room. Add a unique touch with a chic, smart light.
Adapter Input: AC100-240V
Lamp Input: 12V/1A
Color Temperature: 1800K-3000K
Control Method: Touch+ APP+ Voice Control
Working Temperature: -10°C to 40°C(4°to 104°F)
Weight: 35.98 oz
The touch controls of the lamp are on the base. On the outer edge of the round base, you will find the USB-C power port. There is an included AC adapter with mounting tape under the control box that contains the mic.
This lamp works well. Once you download the app you have way more control including changing the light scenes and modes. The music mode is once to watch as the lights respond to the sound. The following are screenshots for the app that will give you an idea of the kind of control that you get.
In the following video, I put the lamp through the lighting modes/scenes and voice control via Alexa:
What I like
- The build quality
- The control options (Voice, App, Touch)
- The lighting options
- The sleep design
What I’d change
- Nothing really
I really like this Govee smart LED lamp. While it is marketed as a bedside lamp, I find it to be a great addition to my office/studio. The lighting options are great and setting a relaxed or calming mood is very easy given the choices. The ability to control it via touch, app, or voice adds great flexibility. I give this lamp a well done and two thumbs up!!