REVIEW – A few months ago when I bought my new home, one of the very attractive features was the sliding door that leads to the deck. The previous owner made sure that there was extra security by using a piece of wood for added security. While it works, It is not my idea of a really good solution. Enter the Sabre HS-DSB Adjustable 2-in-1 Home Security Bar!
What is it?
The Sabre HS-DSB Adjustable 2-in-1 Home Bar is a strong and portable security bar that features a Scratch-Proof Grip, and a removable door knob top to work with sliding doors.
What’s in the box
1 x Sabre HS-DSB Adjustable 2-in-1 Home Security Bar
Design and features
- ENHANCED HOME PROTECTION: Heavy-duty, dual-function security bar prevents forced entry on the hinged, patio, and sliding doors; For indoor use
- PORTABLE AND COMPACT: Collapsible design is easy to store and ideal for travel, providing extra security in hotels, on vacation, or at the office
- ADJUSTABLE: Adjusts from 28. 5 in. (72. 4cm) to 45 in. (114cm) in length to fit most standard doors and sliding patio doors; Top doorknob jam is easily removed for sliding door applications (Length without doorknob jam: 25 in. to 41. 5 in. )
- DURABLE, COMMERCIAL DESIGN: Made with heavy-duty 1mm, 20 gauge steel for strength and security; Pivoting ball joint ensures full contact with the floor for a secure fit while padded foot provides a strong grip without scratching
- INSTALLS IN SECONDS: No tools required, simply adjust the bar length using the release buttons, prop under the doorknob, and easily adjusted as needed
This security bar has a removable doorknob holder on the top, a rubber base for grip at the bottom, and holes for the adjustment that run along the side of the bar.
On one end of the bar, there is a spring to enable adjustment and on the other end, there is a pin that allows you to attach or remove the doorknob.
This security bar is simple and easy to use. The photo below shows how it is used with the doorknob attached to secure a door. This would likely be a front door but it can be used on any door with a knob.
Below I show the bar with the knob removed and then used to secure my sliding door.
What I like
- The build quality
- The adjustability
- It is easy to use and effective
What I’d change
- Nothing!! It does what it is supposed to do.
This security bar is a simple design and easy to use. It is also strong and effective and works much better than the stick I was using to secure my sliding door.
I give it a well done and two thumbs up!!
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Sabre