REVIEW – I can remember a time not too long ago when I would spend hours in the kitchen preparing that special meal for my wife, or for guests on occasion when I was in the mood to do the cooking. Some of the Caribbean dishes I would cook involve processes of preparing several individual ingredients prior to creating the main dish. On many occasions, just the thought of the long process and work would make me suggest eating out and saving myself the experience. These days, appliances have been invented that do the work of many processes in a simple and easy way. The Deenkee 10 in 1 Pressure Instant Pot is a good example of such an appliance.
What is it?
This DEENKEE 6Qt. Pressure Cooker is a programmable kitchen appliance that incorporates features like a large LED display and an easy to use interface to easily adjust cooking settings and pressure levels or to stop/cancel the cooking process at any time. It replaces 10 common kitchen appliances and cooks food up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods. It also features a one-button pressure release, a detachable carrying handle and a glass lid for the inner pot. It is ETL, FCC, & FDA certified.
What’s in the box
1 x Deenkee 10 in 1 Pressure Instant Pot
1 x Spoon
1 x Ladle
1 x Measuring Cup
1 x Glass lid
1 x Sealing Ring
1 x User Manual
1 x Steam Rack
1 x Recipe Book
Design and features
Voltage: AC 220V / 50Hz
Rated Power: 1000W
Capacity: 6 qt (6 Liters)
- 10-1 Muti-Function: Deenkee gives you the flexibility to manually input cooking times when required and you also have the pre-programmed smart programs already set for many dishes such as Oatmeal, Broth/Soup, Poultry, Yogurt, Egg, Beans/Chilli, Rice, Pressure Cook (Manual Setting), Meat/Stew, Cake. Slow Cook, Steam, Saute, Canning & Multi-Grain so all of your favorite dishes are as easy as pressing a button
- Healthy and Built to last: Ceramic non-stick interior coating, plastic PTFE and PFOA free for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment seals in the flavors, nutrients and aromas within the food to Healthy, stainless steel (18/10) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304 ss, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavors, nutrients and aromas within the food
- Safety: Safety locking lid, Automatic pressure control, Electrical Current & Temperature fuse, Pressure regulation system, Smart locking sensors, Anti-Block shield, Automatic temperature control, Pressure protection system, Heat resistant cooking mitts, Temperature monitor.
Accessory Kit: Included is a tempered glass lid (perfect for slow cooking and sautéing) 2 egg racks/steaming trivets, ladle, rice paddle, cooking mitts, extra silicone sealing ring, stainless steel steaming basket, stainless steel inner cooking pot, and a measuring cup
On the top of the Instant Pot, there is the lid handle with the red pressure release button partially underneath it, and the pressure release valve off to the side.
On the back of the lid, there is the hinge.
This Instant Pot is well built with stainless steel around the middle and a heavy-duty plastic lid and base. The control panel on the front is easy to read and navigate.
Since it comes fully assembled, I will not get into describing some of the smaller parts under the lid, but that information is available in the manual.
The Instant Pot has a stainless steel removable inner pot where you place the ingredients to be cooked. The control panel has preset buttons that provide preset cooking times for specific dishes and ingredients. I am initially from the Caribbean, and most of the dishes we cook in my home have their own Caribbean twist and flair. So, when we first tried the Instant Pot we used the preset settings and once we determined how the dish turned out, we adjusted the cooking time to suit what we wanted.
Below are some before and after photos of one of our dishes. It is a version of baked chicken with BBQ sauce.
Below are the ingredients for a traditional Caribbean dish called Cook-Up.
Below you see the served dish of the meal prepared above.
What I like
- The build quality
- The versatility/cooking options
- The end results
What I’d change
- It does what it is designed to do
The Deenkee 10 in 1 Pressure Instant Pot is a really great appliance that incorporates so much functionality that with practice you can prepare a large variety of meals. The reason I say practice, is that once you get the process down, you have to figure out the cooking times and which setting works best for the dish you are preparing. In my opinion, the preset times serve as a general reference time. This can only be perfected with frequent use and trial and error. The build quality is great and I am sure that barring any unforeseen issue, that this appliance will be in my kitchen for years. I give it a well done and two thumbs up!!
Where to buy: Amazon
Sample: The sample for this review was provided by Deenkee.