NEWS – A few years ago, I reviewed the Keurig 2.0 Model K550 coffee brewer. That was soon after the Keurig company was purchased by the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters company and when the patent on the K-Cup coffee pod expired. Because a coffee company had no interest in allowing other coffee companies to make supplies for their machines, Green Mountain tried phasing out the variety of brewers Keurig had developed and introduced a Keurig machine that would only brew when you used a proprietary, Keurig-branded pod. Since Keurig lost their bid to stop people from using their own coffee in Keurig machines and relying on the sales of coffee pods, they’ve apparently gone back to developing new brewers with new functionality. The Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve Coffee, Latte, and Cappuccino Maker still makes single cups of coffee using K-Cup pods and even the My K-Cup pod that lets you use your own ground coffee, but it has added a milk-frothing function with a machine-washable frothing pot.
- Coffee shot for specialty drinks: Press the SHOT button to brew a concentrated shot of coffee to make delicious hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- Dishwasher-safe frother: Froth fresh milk, including skim, soy, and almond. The frother is dishwasher-safe for easy clean up after use, and also features a COLD setting for cold frothed milk.
- Strong brew: Increase the strength and bold taste of your coffee.
- 4 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10, and 12oz.
- Large 60-oz water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- Smart start: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- Energy efficient: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
- Travel-mug friendly: Accommodates travel mugs up to 7.2” tall and is top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Compatible with the My K-Cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
- Brewer maintenance reminder: Alerts you when it is time to descale your coffee maker. Descaling is an important process that removes built-up calcium deposits, ensuring the best-tasting brew possible.
The Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve Coffee, Latte, and Cappuccino Maker is $179.99, available exclusively at Amazon.