Content Nav Menu

Happy Holidays from The Gadgeteer

on December 25, 2011 10:00 am

Whether you’ll be sipping egg nog, watching holiday movies, putting together an eleventy billion piece LEGO set that Santa brought, or just kicking back with family and friends, I hope everyone has a wonderful relaxing day today.

If you were fortunate enough to receive some nifty gadgeteer worthy gifts, please share the news so that those of us that never get gadgets for Christmas (sniff), can live vicariously through you ;)

Comments

1. 1
    Anson says:

From one geek/gadgeteer to another- Happy Holidays to you and your family!

2. 2

Julie
    I hope you are having a great holiday!
    Ed O

3. 3
    Joe says:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Also, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanza!

4. 4
    The Slapster says:

Julie, hope you & the rest of the Gadgeteers had/are having a wonderful Christmas too! Thanks to you all for the great Reviews & Giveaways in 2011, can’t wait to see what ’02 brings.

Not many techy things this year, but my Wife did surprise me with an OlloClip for my iPhone, had lots of fun messing with it during the day.

5. 5
    Butch says:

My wife gave me a DigiTech RP500 integrated effects system for my guitar, and my daughter gave me a gift certificate to help pay for reconditioning my guitar. I think they’re trying to inspire me with these thoughtful gifts to take up again a long lost hobby.

Happy Holidays to the entire Gadgeteer family!

6. 6
    Julie says:

@Butch what kind of guitar do you have? I need to pick up my uke(s) again. I haven’t played much at all this year.

7. 7
    Butch says:

@Julie: The DigiTech is for my 20 year old Yamaha Pacifica (bright red, of course) electric. I also have a 30 Year old Ovation acoustic with piezoelectric pickups, so I may give that a try as well. ‘Tis the season to make good music (or at least a loud noise)!

I’ve always liked ukes, but I’ve never even seen one in the flesh ( so to speak) much less tried to play. Are they as difficult to play as I imagine?

8. 8
    Julie says:

@Butch Ukuleles are a lot easier to play than a normal guitar since they only have 4 strings instead of 6. It makes for less complex chords and finger gymnastics. :)