Content Nav Menu

AlphaGrip iGrip Ergonomic Keyboard & Trackball

on April 3, 2009 2:48 pm

alphagrip

Have you ever seen a keyboard / gaming controller like this one? Pretty crazy huh? The AlphaGrip iGrip is made to hold in both hands so that you can control it by all 10 of your fingers. It has a bazillion buttons and a trackball. Too bad it isn’t wireless as well. Cross your fingers that I can get one for David Flowers, our new gaming gadget editor.

Comments

1. 1
    _Mark_ says:

I got one of those last year some time… It was one of the things that convinced me that I just wasn’t interested in anything that wasn’t actual qwerty – I’ve just been typing too long :-) It seemed reasonable comfortable and solidly built but you’d really need to commit to learning it, and carrying it around as your primary keyboard (fortunately USB “won” so this is practical.) Also, I’m an emacs user, and while it was *possible* with this, it wasn’t at all intuitive and I didn’t really put the time in to make heavy modifier-key use go smoothly.

If you’ve got a serious reviewer in the Boston area I might be convinced to loan out mine…

2. 2
    Jackie says:

This is like something Ben Heckendorn will make.

3. 3
    David Flowers says:

Lol, Ben in THE man, and you’re right, it’s just about crazy enough for one of his mods. We’ll see if we can get our hands on one and put it through the paces.

4. 4
    Julie says:

Ok, I’ll bite… who the heck is Ben Heckendorn. I’m too tired to google him :)

5. 5
    David Flowers says:

Ben is one of the most skilled modders out there right now. Does crazy things like stuffs Xbox 360 guts into a laptop chassis, makes old Atari 2600’s into handhelds, and mods game controllers to make them accessible for the physically challenged. Part mad scientist, part just mad I think.

6. 6
    Jackie says:

@ Julie: OMG…you MUST google him. Or visit http://www.benheck.com
    He’s like the king of modders.

7. 7
    Jackie says:

@ David: I bet he can make that WITH a xbox 360 stuffed inside it. lol

8. 8
    Julie says:

@David and Jackie Oh wow, very cool stuff. You know, I beginning to think it was a BIG mistake bringing David on board here at The Gadgeteer… All this talk about games and gaming hardware is really making me consider building a PC. It’s been a long time since I’ve done that. I don’t even have a Windows desktop in my house these days. Just 3 netbooks and an older than dirt Dell laptop. Darn you David ;)

9. 9
    David Flowers says:

Yes! My evil plan is working! Muhahahahahah…..