REVIEW – We do a lot of short trips and are always looking for a durable and more importantly functional way to pack. So, I was excited to try out a new option. Find out what I thought of the Quince Carry-On Hard Shell Suitcase.
What is it?
The Quince Carry-On Hard Shell Suitcase is a roomy carry-on luggage that still fits in most overhead airline storage bins.
What’s in the box?
The Quince Carry-On Hard Shell Suitcase arrived in a form-fitting box with a nice protective storage bag.
- Informational booklet
- Melamine Sponge
- Laundry bag
- Materials: Lightweight & durable polycarbonate hard shell
- Lining: Water resistant 75D polyester pongee
- External dimensions including wheels: 22″ H x 14.5″ W x 9″ D
- Internal dimensions excluding wheels: 21” x 14.5
- Capacity: 48L – Holds enough for 6-9 outfits
- Weight: 6.7lbs
- TSA-approved combination lock
- 360° spinner wheels for an ultra smooth ride
- YKK zippers
- Interior compression system to maximize space, featuring an 18″ x 12.5″ pocket for additional storage
- Aluminum telescopic trolley handle with easy-to-hold soft rubber handle
- Removable laundry bag for dirty clothing
- Meets carry-on luggage requirements for most major airlines
Design and Features
This Quince Carry-On Hard Shell Suitcase at 22″ H x 14.5″ W x 9″ D is a great size for those in-between-length excursions or to use as a roomy carry-on that still fits in most overhead bins. The shell is a polycarbonate and sturdy enough to keep your belongings safe, but also has a little flex so that you can squeeze in that last pair of shoes.
Speaking of squeezing in, I found that I could fit much more than I thought I could in the Quince Carry-On Hard Shell suitcase. I fit everything I needed for a girls road trip for 5 days! Much more room then it appears and it is designed to fit as much as possible while still staying easy to roll and move.
The left side is fitted with a zippered mesh enclosure, which is meant to hold your inflexible items like shoes. The right side is set up to store your clothes and anything that can be easily compressed. On the right side, you can stack it up full, then use the removable mesh zipper pad insert on top of your belongs. Then simply use those straps and buckles to tighten and save more space.
The Quince Carry-On Hard Shell Suitcase features Japanese-crafted Hinomoto 360 degree wheels. I must say that doesn’t impress me by name, since I’ve never heard of them, but they do impress with performance. Our room was a far trip from where we needed to park, so I got to really test these wheels on different terrains. It rolled smoothly thru parking lot concrete, grass, carpet and tile with no issues.
The Quince Carry-On has the smooth gliding telescopic handle on the top as well as a handle strap on the side and top of the suitcase. The top moveable handle clicks easily to two heights to fit your needs. You can also use the stationary handle straps for when you are carrying or moving your suitcase.
The Quince Carry-On Hard Shell suitcase has a TSA-approved lock located on the top near the expandable handle. Your items are secure with your three-digit password lock.
- Start from 0-0-0 and use a pointed object to hold down the reset button.
- Still pressing the reset, scroll the numbers to your ideal combination.
- Slide the latch to the right and wait for the reset button to pop back to place, locking your combo.
We all know that your suitcases can go thru a beating, especially if you are air traveling. For minor scuffs and smudges to the hard shell of your Quince Carry-On you can simply wipe away with a washcloth and mild soap. Anything a little more than that, Quince has provided you with a melamine sponge to use. I have not tried out the sponge yet, but that means that it help up well on my recent road trip. Quince does recommend that when you aren’t using your suitcase to store in the provided dust bag to keep it save. Also, apparently the Quince Carry-On nests perfectly inside their Check-In Hard Shell Suitcase to maximize shortage space. Nice feature for storing purposes. I can not verify this, but thought it was worth mentioning.
The best surprise feature of the Quince is the removable laundry bag. There is a small zippered compartment on the right side of the suitcase. Snapped inside is a laundry bag that you can remove and use. A nice extra unexpected feature, that although not all that impressive, it is a nice added touch that sets it apart from other suitcase options.
Quince does state that all items may be returned for a full refund or exchange within 365 days of the purchase date, provided the following requirements are met:
- All original packaging, including all tags or boxes must be included with the return.
- Your original form of payment’s refund policy allows for a refund within the same time period. In instances where your payment method does not allow for a refund for 365 days post transaction, you will be refunded to store credit instead. (i.e. PayPal’s refund policy covers 180 days, and their refund policy supersedes ours. If you used PayPal to make a purchase, and the return is processed after 180 days, the refund will be in the form of Store Credit as we are not able to refund your PayPal account).
- You will receive a free return label should you return any items.
What I like
- Removable laundry bag
- Durable and easy to move
What I’d change
- More color options
Overall, I think the Quince Carry-On Hard Shell Suitcase is a great affordable option if you are looking for a new carry-on size luggage option. While not much different than other carry-on options we have owned, I do enjoy the little extra touches that set the Quince option above the others including the secret laundry bag and provided cleaning sponge. When considering purchasing your next luggage carry-on or check-in, think about checking out Quince options.
Where to buy: Quince online store.
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Quince.