REVIEW – I enjoy designing the landscape lighting around my home all year round. However, because of the NY winters, I tend to take a break when it is really cold and when there is snow. So from about right after Christmas to early Spring, I do not indulge very much. Now we are rapidly approaching Spring and it is time to get going. While I was considering what to do with the landscape lights this year, I got the opportunity to review the XMCOSY Solar Torch Lights. Let’s see how easy they are to set up and how they look.
What is it?
The XMCOSY Solar Torch Lights are solar lights designed for outdoor use and feature 2 Modes, a Matte Lampshade, Auto On/Off and they are IP65 Waterproof.
What’s in the box
1 x Set of 4 XMCOSY Solar Torch Lights: (Includes 4 x Matt Black Plastic Lampshades, 4 x 800mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Batteries, 4 x SMD LED Filaments, 4 x Aluminium Ground Stakes, 4 x Polycrystalline Silicon Solar Panels, 4 x Stainless Steel Tubes).
1 x Instructions Leaflet
Design and features
- DYNAMICALLY LIGHT UP YOUR PATH: – There are two different modes in these upgraded solar torch lights – ① Lively Flickering Mode: The lights will elegantly be flickering like flames. up to 30 hours (2-3 nights) lasting time; ② Traditional Constant-On Mode: warm white 40 lumens brightness and up to 10 hours lasting time when fully charged. XMCOSY+ Solar Torch Lights increase the curb appeal of your home and add a lot of ambiance for parties or romantic evenings on the patio, beach, or backyard
- AUTOMATICALLY SAVE ENERGY: – The light sensor detects changes in surrounding and turns on the LED filaments automatically when getting dark. Moreover, when the solar torch lights are luminous for more than 6 hours, they will automatically turn to power-saving mode, in which the LED filaments are a bit dimmer than normal. Lighting up for 4 hours in power-saving mode will make them automatically turn off. The new technology increases lifespan and makes them an ideal choice for your garden.
- NO LONGER COMPLICATED TO MAINTAIN: – The torch solar lights use 3.7V LiFePO4 rechargeable batteries to store solar energy, making it available at night when needed. The LED filaments, which only require little power and last 10 times longer than incandescent, provide illumination for the whole night. Not to mention, they’re exceptionally easy to install and eco-friendly. Lastly, there is no wiring necessary to connect the lights or to the electric grid easy to maintain.
- ALL-WEATHER: – The outdoor solar lights are made of high-quality stainless steel tubes and aluminum ground stakes among the more resilient and weather-resistant options. Thanks to their durable and high-quality construction, they are 100% waterproof, prevent toppling, and can tolerate a wide range of weather, withstand wind and other extreme weather conditions. This ensures a long service life. For the money, XMCOSY+ is your all-around great option for solar lights for gardens.
- FOR ALL SEASONS: – If you live in an area where is really dark at night, lighting up your pathway or walkway with XMCOSY+ Solar Flickering Flame Lights is a good idea. Flickering flame solar torch is a perfect choice for Home, Garden, Yard, Pathway, Walkway’s Landscape Decorations and garden party, camping, barbecue, wedding, Christmas, Halloween festival, which could provide a perfect campfire ambiance.
Item Weight: 5.61 pounds
Product Dimensions: 4.88 x 4.88 x 20.25 inches
Batteries: 4 Lithium-ion batteries required. (included)
Style: Dynamical Flickering Flame & Traditional Constant On
Color: Flickering Flame & Warm White Constant on
Shape: Torch Lights
Material: Polycrystalline Silicon Solar Panel, Aluminum Ground Stakes, Matt Black Plastic Lampshades, SMD LEDs, Stainless Steel Pole
Finish Types: Matt Black
Shade Material: Plastic
Light Direction: Downlight
Power Source: Solar-Powered
Switch Installation Type: Ground Insert
Type of Bulb: LED
Luminous Flux: 40 Lumen
Wattage: 1.2 watts
Color Temperature: 3000 Kelvin
Average Life: 100000 Hours
The XMCOSY Solar Torch Lights are made up of metal sections for the stakes and poles and plastic for the lamp itself. The top opens counter-clockwise to reveal the switch and access to replace the rechargeable batteries. It offers 2 height choices, 20.25 inches or 39.56 inches by using 1 or 2 poles with the ground stake.
Once I put the poles together along with the ground stakes, I opened the top of the light by turning counter-clockwise and turned the switch on. The switch allows you the choice of steady white or warm flickering light, and this is also the place where you gain access to change the replaceable rechargeable batteries.
As the sun goes down, the lights turn on.
Here is a quick video of the lights in action in flickering mode:
What I like
- Very nice lighting effect
- The option of 2 heights
- The user-replaceable batteries
- The aluminum ground stakes as opposed to the plastic ones that always break
- The easy assembly
What I’d change
- I like them just the way they are
I like the XMCOSY Solar Torch Lights. I like that the stake and pole are metal and aluminum which is rustproof. The light is attractive and bright and the batteries are user-replaceable. well done!!
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by XMCOSY.