Do you need to add a pop of color to your home or office? The Chromatic: LED Color Spectrum Clock might just do the trick. This clock has 60 LEDs and allows you to select from one of six different animation modes:
- Pulse – Red hour, minute (which pulses seconds), and second hands
- RGB – Green hour, blue minute (which pulses seconds), and red second hand which does a 10-slice-wedge sweep
- Rainbow – All the colors with blackout hour and minute (which pulses seconds) hands. The color wheel rotates each second; the location of the red indicates the second.
- Red Alert – Red hour, minute (which pulses seconds), and second hand which does a 10-slice-wedge sweep
- Traffic Light – Red hour, green minute, and yellow second hands, each a 3-slice wedge
- Crazy Sunset – Magenta hour (which fills the space between the hour and the minute), white minute, and blue second hand (which fills the space between the minute and the second); colors swap out for magenta, white, blue
The housing of the clock is made of plastic and the face is made of acrylic. It will run on a CR2032 3v lithium battery, however, you can choose to power it via USB as well. It only measures 7.5 inches in diameter and might be a little small to mount on your wall, but it does have a fold-out stand for tabletop display. The Chromatic: LED Color Spectrum Clock is available for $49.99 from ThinkGeek and comes with a “90º USB adapter, 4 ft. USB cable with AC adapter (for desktop), and 10 ft. USB cable with AC adapter (for hanging on the wall)”.