Verizon just announced that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be available on July 28th with 4G LTE. The key features include:
- NVIDIA® Tegra2 dual-core 1 GHz application processor
- 10.1-inch HD touchscreen display with WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 3-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat capabilities
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Android™ 3.1 Honeycomb platform
- Adobe® Flash® 10.3 technology
- 1080p HD video playback on a HD TV or other 1080p HD device
In addition, it includes the Samsung Media Hub. I have not seen this, but it claims to offer a vast lineup of critically acclaimed films and TV programs for rent or purchase. Media Hub allows customers to playback Media Hub content on their TV through an HDMI adapter (sold separately). Purchased content can be shared with up to five devices enabled with Media Hub at no extra cost.
Verizon Wireless offers two 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 models both priced with two-year customer agreements: $529.99 for the 16GB model and $629.99 for the 32GB model. A 16GB Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will also be available online at on July 28 for $499.99. The Wi-Fi-only model will be available in Metallic Grey. The wireless is available i Metallic Gray or Glossy White.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 customers will have the option to choose one of the following mobile broadband data plans:
- $30 monthly access for 2GB monthly allowance
- $50 monthly access for 5GB monthly allowance
- $80 monthly access for 10GB monthly allowance