NEWS – Do you like the idea of a smartwatch, but hate the look of a digital screen trying to emulate a traditional watch face—not to mention its abysmal battery life? You may be able to have that digital cake and eat it too. Withings, a leader in connected health devices and the inventor of the first hybrid smartwatch has introduced the ScanWatch Nova.
The ScanWatch Nova offers a powerful health scan in a luxury diver-style watch with health benefits to track metrics and activity, including on-demand electrocardiogram, SpO2, 24/7 body temperature, advanced activity tracking, and in-depth sleep analysis.
“ScanWatch Nova offers advanced health-tracking capabilities and is packed full of technology to make continuous measurements autonomous and effortless with an extraordinary 30-day battery. The splendid timepiece imperceptibly embeds a powerful health scan, with all the cutting-edge innovations to enhance your health, wrapped in a stylish aesthetic inspired by the timeless tradition of diver-style watchmaking,” explains Etienne Trégaro, Product Manager at Withings.
Some of ScanWatch’s key features include:
- An on-demand medical-grade electrocardiogram will detect potential heart anomalies at any time, such as atrial fibrillation, which is one of the most prevalent forms of arrhythmias characterized by irregular heart rhythms.
- It can detect the onset of an illness by providing baseline fluctuations of day and night body temperature. ScanWatch Nova features TempTech24/7—module technology that combines miniaturized heat flux sensors with a high-accuracy temperature sensor.
- ScanWatch Nova can assess on-demand blood oxygen (SpO2), plus track overnight breathing disturbances as well as average blood oxygen during sleep.
- Tracking sleep quality and receiving advice for improvement is possible. With ScanWatch Nova, users can wake to their Sleep Quality Score and check sleep metrics.
- ScanWatch Nova can track parameters such as steps, calories, elevation, and workout routes (via GPS) and can automatically recognize more than 40 daily activities such as walking, running, swimming, and cycling. Users can swap the Oyster metal wristband with the FKM wristband for more comfort during their training session (both wristbands are included at purchase).
Precision meets luxury in this clinically designed masterpiece:
- The ScanWatch Nova has been crafted with excellence and attention to detail. It includes a ceramic and stainless-steel rotating bezel with laser engraved markings with full Luminova hollow watch hands, indicators, and thick raised indices that allow it to be used in low light. The ScanWatch Nova’s case is mirror-polished and made of stainless steel. This diver-inspired watch is water resistant at 10 ATM and is protected by a sapphire glass with an anti-reflection coating.
- ScanWatch Nova boasts the iconic 30-day battery life that enables users to rely on it for continuous health tracking without frequent recharging. Included is a USB-C cable for charging
- Utilizing MultiWave PPG sensors and HealthSense (Withings’ proprietary operating system), ScanWatch Nova can track cardiovascular vitals, including heart rate, heart rate variability, and ECG. It is also able to measure SpO2 breathing disturbances and track sleep patterns.
- The Withings app offers a user-friendly interface. The app allows users to customize the screen and information they can see on the watch display. They can also set their notification preferences for their favorite apps directly on the app. A long press on the dial can also launch their preferred feature, and a quick look option enables them to activate the watch display when the user’s wrist is lifted.
The ScanWatch Nova can be ordered online on withings.com beginning now. It is priced at $599.95. From February 1st, the ScanWatch Nova will be available in retail stores. The watch comes with an oyster bracelet that tapers from 20 mm to 18 mm for a secure, comfortable fit. The ScanWatch Nova is available in blue, green, or black.