REVIEW – Although I have been back in the office for a while, I have not attended any in-person meetings. Here in NY, we have experienced several waves of Covid variants, and right now in the middle of the flu season, we have been experiencing what is called the triple threat: FLu, Covid, and RSV. I spend most of my day locked in my office attending meetings via MS Teams, so it is really important that I keep trying to find the most comfortable headset that works well and that I can wear for long periods of time. Let’s see how this Kensington H3000 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset handles the task.
What is it?
The Kensington H3000 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset features cooling gel-infused memory foam earpads with heat-transferring fabric to provide all-day comfort. In addition, it offers AI-powered environmental noise-canceling technology that suppresses distracting background sounds, LED indicators to confirm the status and reduce interruptions, and music controls with call detection technology to simplify transitions.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Kensington H3000 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset
- 1 x USB-C (female) to USB-A (male) adapter
- 1 x USB-C Charging Cable
- 1 x Storage Case
- 1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Engineered for Intel® Evo™ Laptops: The Engineered for**Intel® Evo™ laptop accessory program meets strict Intel**requirements that provide great experiences that include**seamless connectivity and reliability to solidify the best**overall experience when paired with Intel® Evo™ laptops.
- Works with popular calling applications (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and more), operating systems (Windows, macOS, and Chrome OS), mobile devices (iOS and Android), and voice assistants (Siri and Google Assistant).
- Uses multi-point Bluetooth 5.2 technology to pair with up to 8 devices (with two active at one time).
- Provides 60+ hours for music and 40+ hours for calls.* Rapid Charge Technology provides 8 hours of use after only 15 minutes of charging, allows you to use your headset while connected to power, and provides a full battery after 90 minutes–allowing you to stay productive all day long.**With busy lights off; Battery life varies by use case.
- Over-ear design with cooling-gel-infused memory foam earpads covered in breathable heat-transferring fabric, adjustable leatherette headband, a rotating microphone (up to 270°) that can be worn on the right or left side, and rotating joints that allow the earcups to swivel up to 90° for a comfortable, secure fit.
- Passive noise cancellation (PNC) technology allows you to stay focused by blocking out surrounding noise, a convenient flip-to-mute boom microphone supports quick muting needs, and built-in hearing protection shields your ears from sounds above 100 dBA.
- AI-powered environmental noise-canceling (ENC) microphone technology suppresses up to 90% of distracting sounds such as keyboard clicks, printers, and nearby voices so others can hear your voice clearly, sidetone confirms you are being heard, voice guidance confirms mute status, and dynamic 40mm neodymium drivers deliver a superior audio experience with HD voice support—for calls and music.
- Quick access to volume, play/pause, and busy buttons help you maximize productivity. LED lights provide visual confirmation from both earcups of your status so you can stay focused and minimize colleague interruptions.
- Built to accommodate busy professionals, the H3000 allows you to roam up to 30m* from the desk—and includes one USB-C with USB-A adapter, a USB-C charging cable, and a premium hard case to protect your headset when traveling.**Your connected device must be within your line of sight. Wireless range may vary based on users and computing conditions.
The Kensington H3000 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset is made of mostly plastic and other materials for earpads, etc. It includes an adjustable headband and controls on one side and an adjustable boom mic on the other. On the control side around the edge of the earpiece, there is the on/off button, the Bluetooth connectivity button, and the USB-C charging port. On the surface of that earpiece there are the following controls: Forward/backward/volume up/down, play/pause and mute.
The Kensington H3000 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset comes with a storage case that works well. There is a velcro strap to secure the heads and an elastic pocket in the cover to secure the paperwork and accessories.
The only thing that I needed to do was charge the headset fully and then connect to my devices via Bluetooth. There is a red LED that indicates that it is charging and a green LED when charging is completed.
Here is some operational information:
This headset works well including noise canceling. The audio for phone calls and even for music is crystal clear. For music, it is surprisingly good for daily casual listening with a nice representation of the lows, mids, and highs. It even works well on various types of movies and YouTube videos. The battery life is great and it will hold a charge for days with a few hours of listening or meetings each day.
The Bluetooth connection remains solid.
The headset fits comfortably and there is no fatigue when wearing it for a long time.
What I like
- Well made
- Nice design
- Very comfortable to wear for long periods of time
- All of the functions work well
- Nice sound reproduction
- Strong Bluetooth connection
- Long-lasting battery
- The flip-up/down mic muting feature
What I’d change
- I do not have any complaints
The Kensington H3000 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset is great to wear for long periods of time. The sound reproduction is clear with no noticeable distortion. The mic works well and I have been told that I sound very clear. The Bluetooth connection is solid and the battery lasts very long. I give this headset a well done and two thumbs up!!