Trucker’s Friend is a tool that will help you survive the zombie apocalypse

truckerfriend

The Trucker’s Friend is a tough, all-purpose tool that was designed for truckers, but it looks perfect for walker (zombie) head splitting, nail pulling, tree chopping, ice scraping, etc. This tool is made of heat treated steel with a shock absorbing fiberglass handle. It combines the essential functions of an axe, claw hammer, nail puller, crow bar, wire twist, spanner wrench, grapple hook, tire chain hook and more. It is made here in the USA, is backed by a lifetime guarantee and is priced at $59.99. The Trucker’s Friend is available now from Innovation Factory.

More stories from The Gadgeteer

6 comments… add one
  • Jimmy December 2, 2016, 2:03 pm

I just emailed the company with some questions and Marvin (the owner) was quick to reply. They are out-of-stock on some products, but hope to receive more soon.

• Alan Claver December 3, 2016, 10:40 am

Just a comment that I was part of the Kickstarter that funded this project and it was a royal screwup. Many changes to the design after funding that the participants didn’t appreciate. The creators insistence to manufacture in the US regardless of the quality and features being removed.

The creator eventually kicked me out of the project and refunded my money without my permission. Sadly I did not have a chance to see the final product – it might be a good one but the guy running the company wasn’t.

• Alan Claver December 3, 2016, 10:44 am

Oh. I looked further and actually the product that was part of the Kickstarter was the Lit’l Trucker at $129. This is the tool which was developed as part of the project however from the same guy.

I do wish we could edit our posts and/or delete them.

• Julie Strietelmeier December 3, 2016, 10:45 am

Wow, I’ve not heard of a backer being kicked out of a crowdfunding project before.

FYI: I noticed that there are 2 different companies selling this product on Amazon. Innovation Factory and Off Grid Tools.

• Alan Claver December 3, 2016, 10:47 am

Me neither. I do want to be clear that he did refund my contribution which is more that I can say for some of the failed Kickstarters and Indiegogos that I’ve been part of.

• OEB December 11, 2016, 12:44 am

Just saw this article. I bought one of these at Gander Mountain (I think it was GM, if I remember correctly) about 2 years ago. The hammer part (teeth) snapped off violently while I was driving down a BBQ stake at a campsite at the Sharefest music festival. The metal seems to be very brittle. Also, it came completely dull on the ax side. So forget chopping anything with it till you find some one to (or do it yourself) to sharpen it for you. And I dont mean a dull blade. I mean so dull that it wont cut anything because the blade is rectangular instead of triangular on the edge that should be sharp. I chucked mine after the teeth chipped off. I wouldn’t want a free one if it was offered to me. This was my experience anyways: obviously, your milage may vary.