Would you like to become part of Gadgeteer team? Due to a few people leaving in the past year, I currently have 3-5 positions open. Keep reading to see if you have what it takes to join my crazy group of gadget nerds.
This is a strictly a non-paying position. Your pay will only be the products that you’ll be able to keep once you’ve written a review.
You will be encouraged to submit at least two original news posts per month along with reviews. These posts should be short and consist of only one image and a short paragraph with an average of 200 – 350 words talking about new, useful, interesting, wacky and unique products, apps, services, etc that our readers might find interesting.
New team members will start out posting news for a couple weeks. If you are picked to become a permanent part of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to also do product reviews in addition to news posts.
1. You must have a firm grasp of the English language and the basic fundamentals of good grammar. You need to know the difference between “its” and “it’s”, how to write a sentence and spell check it. I don’t have time to re-write your posts, so this is a must and will be the number one thing to keep you from being chosen to be part of the team.
2. You must have above average photography skills and have the ability to take sharp, well-lighted close ups of the products being reviewed. Dim, blurry images won’t cut it. Using a smartphone most likely will not work either.
3. You must be able to stick to deadlines. Reviews need to be submitted 4-6 weeks after you receive the product sample. If you don’t think you can do that, then please don’t apply.
4. I’m not looking for a professional freelance writer or a guest poster to write fluff pieces just for SEO purposes. I’m looking for every day geeks like me, who just love this stuff and aren’t in it for the $’s.
5. Age, gender, location does not matter, but be aware that if you are located outside the US, you’ll probably be disappointed because most US companies / PR agencies will not ship review samples outside the US.
How to apply:
Send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org telling me about yourself, your age, location, what you currently do for a living, what types of products that interest you most and why you think you would be a good fit for my team. I’ll use this info to decide who I will ask to audition by writing a sample review which will show me your writing and photography skills. I will then choose the best candidates to go through a trial period posting news. After that trial period ends, I’ll decide who will become permanent team members.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions before sending me your bio email, post them in the comments.
I’ve received enough interest and do not need any more applicants.