#ad Faveable lists top 2014 cooking gadgets for a healthier lifestyle

fav-scale

Welcome back to another edition of partnered content from Faveable. This time around the editors at Faveable have turned their attention to cooking gadgets which help you to get  healthy and hopefully stay that way. Everyone knows that diet plays a very important role in your healthy. So it’s only fitting that you invest in the right tools that will help you prepare healthy food in the easiest way possible. This Faveable article covers the 16 top product choices in kitchen gadgets like blenders, food processors, slicers, smart food scales, steamers, grills, electric cookers, and more. The featured item in the image above is the Ozeri Ultra Thin Professional Digital Kitchen Food Scale which helps you weigh portions of your food while looking great on your counter with the easy to clean stainless steel surface. It looks like it should cost a lot, but it’s surprisingly affordable at just $22.50.

Check out: Best 16 Cooking Gadgets for a Healthier Lifestyle

Posted in: Health, Fitness, Sports, Home, Kitchen, News

• Sandee Cohen May 20, 2014, 5:26 pm

I’m impressed with the list. I didn’t expect them to have my favorite gadget, the Yonanas frozen treat machine. But they did.

I use it to make totally dairy-free, sugar-free, chemical-free frozen treats. Fantastic for the hot weather.

• Julie Strietelmeier May 20, 2014, 5:28 pm

@Sandee I was impressed too. They had some products on the list that I’d actually like to try… like the oil mister.

As for the Yonanas, that’s the one you have to use frozen bananas with right? Wish I liked bananas…

• Sandee Cohen May 20, 2014, 6:03 pm

@Julie

Yonanas isn’t limited to just bananas. You can combine just about any frozen fruits: strawberries, mangos, pineapple. And you can mix fruits.

Bananas definitely add a creaminess. But they’re not vital.

But you never know. You might like bananas frozen and mixed with other fruits.

• Julie Strietelmeier May 21, 2014, 7:19 am

@Sandee I’ve used a Ninja food processor to make frozen treats and have tried using frozen bananas. Not a fan ;)

• Sandee Cohen May 21, 2014, 8:35 am

@Julie,

If you’re ever in NYC, I’ll make you a treat with the Yonanas. I think you’ll like it better than the Ninja.

Pineapple and mango?

• Julie Strietelmeier May 21, 2014, 8:38 am

Pineapple! :) I’ll hold you to that offer :)

• Andrew Baker May 21, 2014, 10:51 am

@Julie I’m with your on the bananas, Bleck. Pineapple sounds good, but I’m deathly allergic, so it would be more of a suicide desert. Dr. Kavorikian’s Suicide desert machine. :D

Mango sounds good tho

• Sandee Cohen May 21, 2014, 10:54 am

@Andrew

You’d probably like mango and strawberry.

But you’d have to make sure the machine was totally cleaned out if the person made pineapple.

• Andrew Baker May 21, 2014, 10:58 am

Evidently they looked at my kitchen when they made this list

I own the George Forman removable plate grill. It’s ok, I prefer the BBQ or Oven tho. Although it is easier to clean then the old Forman grill, it is still more of a pain to clean then my outdoor grill. And I prefer the taste of that.

Also own a Apple Divider. The problem is they only work well with apples that are uniform and “show apples” Most apples I see in stores are all wobbly shaped. The cores are not dead center, or curve a bit. Went back to a knife. Takes 2 seconds to cut with a knife and a lot less to clean.

However the Mini Cuisinart and the Silicone steamer are AWESOME. Although not those specific brands I use both on a regular bases.