Deal: Amazon Appstore celebrates 3rd birthday by offering 14 free apps until 3-22 and other deals until 3-29

FreeApps1

To celebrate its third birthday, the Amazon Appstore is offering 14 free apps through Saturday, March 22. In addition, they are offering discounts off selected apps and an in-app promotion for others in which in-app purchases will receive 50% back in Amazon coins. These other deals last through March 29.

Here are the apps that are currently free:

• Monopoly (4.99)
  • POLARIS Office (12.99)
  • mSecure – Password Manager and Secure Digital Wallet (9.99)
  • Runtastic PRO GPS Running, Walking & Fitness Tracker (4.99)
  • SketchBook Pro (4.99)
  • Swype Keyboard (3.99)
  • Worms 2: Armageddon (0.99)
  • Worms 2: Armageddon (Kindle Tablet Edition, 0.99)
  • Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots (0.99)
  • Dr. Panda’s Airport (1.99)
  • King of Math Junior (1.99)
  • Battle Maiden Yuko Runner (10.00)
  • SpinArt (1.99)
  • Ski Safari: Adventure Time (0.99)

Visit the Amazon Appstore for more details.

Posted in: Android related, News

13 comments… add one

• Andrew Baker March 22, 2014, 5:36 pm

Polaris Office is Awesome, I highly recommend it. I use it almost every day.

Msecure is a nice password program. I bought it and the desktop sync. However I found I needed the features of RoboForms. However if you only need a basic password program with custom fields I would recommend MSecure. I still use it for certain private information I need to store, but not access routinely.

You can’t go wrong with free.

• Bobby Jones March 23, 2014, 3:51 pm

Nice to see free things once in a while, but being told about them a day after they expired is just not right. Time to find some sites that are on the ball!

• Julie Strietelmeier March 23, 2014, 4:50 pm

@Bobby this was posted yesterday morning when there was still plenty of time to take advantage of the free offer. It’s not our fault that you saw it the day after…

• Jacob March 23, 2014, 4:13 pm

I can’t find Polaris office in amazon app store. Don’t know why. Please help

• Kathleen Chapman March 23, 2014, 7:38 pm

Jacob – If you are searching for POLARIS Office in Google Play on your non-Kindle android device, it may not come up because it is not compatible. If you look for it using your computer, you will find out if this is indeed true (it will show you whether your devices are compatible with POLARIS). I found all of this out later when I read the information in the product description of POLARIS Office on the Amazon Appstore, which says it is “optimized for Kindle Fire HD 7” (2nd & 3rd) , 8.9”, HDX 7”, HDX 8.9”. It cannot be used normally on other devices.”

Although, I have seen this app on Android devices other than the Kindle Fire, apparently it is not compatible with these devices if it is not pre-loaded. I have it pre-loaded on my HTC One X, but even so, I’ve discovered that I am unable to update it. I’m sorry I didn’t discover this sooner to let the readers know. If anyone else has any other information about this, I would love to here from you!

• jamie March 23, 2014, 9:12 pm

Julie,
    How rude. But I guess that’s what to be expected with amazon lately.
    Simply pathetic.

• Julie Strietelmeier March 23, 2014, 9:16 pm

@Jamie I don’t understand how offering 14 apps for free is rude? Enlighten me please.

• norm chapman March 23, 2014, 11:42 pm

I agee Jacob. I just found out now.

• mike tidwell March 24, 2014, 12:30 am

While this post appears to have been placed on the 22nd, it wasn’t posted onto Drippler by Kathleen until about 9 hours ago. That’s why Bobby and Jamie are frustrated, as am I. I understand that we can’t blame Amazon or whoever you may represent, but why bother posting to a secondary website at all a full day after the offers expire, geesh.

• Julie Strietelmeier March 24, 2014, 7:43 am

@Mike I have no idea what Drippler is. Someone else must have posted our links to that site. It’s not something we post to… Sorry.

• Kathleen Chapman March 24, 2014, 10:37 am

Mike, Norm, Jamie, Bobby – If you are relying on apps like Drippler to inform you of timely deals instead of going straight to a source, you may have the app to blame. It does clearly state on Drippler when the information was posted on The Gadgeteer which was time enough for our readers to take advantage of the deal. We do not post all of our news at one time, but rather throughout each day and if Drippler only updates once per day, you may miss out. You may have to look for another notification tool that will check for news several times per day. Anyway, no matter how these apps work, the fault is not ours – it was posted in time. Please understand the weaknesses of the tools you use and place “blame” where blame is due.

• Alan March 25, 2014, 12:39 am

I found out on Friday due because I follow an Android site on Twitter, the Gadgeteer is not a site dedicated to Android so do not blame them.As has been said they gave enough notice before expiration. There will be more deals this week, just keep watching the Amazon App Store. I picked up the non Kindle version of Polaris today but missed out on something else.

• Alan March 25, 2014, 12:46 am

Sorry, Imeant I picked up MobiSystems Office suite today. I will check it out to see how it stands against Quick Office.