I scream, you scream, we all scream for soft serve ice cream!

cuisinart-soft-serve-ice-cream

Summer’s coming, and there’s going to be many people making ice cream for dessert for their cookouts.  Instead of hauling out the old-fashioned electric – or hand-cranked – maker that requires rock salt and a lot of ice, why not use the Cuisinart ICE-45 Mix It In Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker?  The double-insulated freezer bowl holds temperature for fast results without salt or ice, and it makes 1.5 quarts of ice cream in just 20 minutes.  It’s fully automatic; just add the ingredients and forget it until it’s time for dessert.  The machine has three hoppers for sprinkles, nuts, and other additives that can be mixed in as you dispense your soft-serve ice cream.  There’s even a rack to hold flat-bottomed or pointed cones.  The ICE-45 is available from Cuisinart for $99.95 in white or pink.

Posted in: Home, Kitchen, News

11 comments… add one

• Andrew Baker March 12, 2014, 10:32 am

I have never seen sprinkles that uniformly and perfectly distributed before. It looks like somebody placed each sprinkle individually with tweezers.

I should get this and place it on my counter with my 5x milkshake maker. The kids will love it.

• Lee Carlson March 12, 2014, 12:24 pm

This device has been available since 2006. It’s on Amazon for $80 with 344 reviews. Is this a paid advertisement for Cuisinart?

• Julie Strietelmeier March 12, 2014, 1:19 pm

@lee Nope, we clearly mark all sponsored posts. Just because a product may have been around awhile, does that mean we can’t talk about it?

• Lee Carlson March 12, 2014, 1:47 pm

I agree and stand corrected. I generally look to the your site for new and cool items not old stuff. Was surprised to see something quite that old. Surprised Cuisinart hasn’t come out with a second gen version.

• Jan March 12, 2014, 7:06 pm

Another one is Yonanas:

I might have to try one when it warms up a little more!

• Betty Widerski March 13, 2014, 10:39 am

I think I have an attachment for my Omega juicer that will do the same thing as that Dessert Bullet – I should check that out (if it would stop snowing her in New England!)

• Lee Carlson March 13, 2014, 12:43 pm

@julie Looking forward to the dessertbullet review before I take the plunge. :)

• Scott Gross March 14, 2014, 10:49 am

This is the same as the Dole version of Yonanas which I have and use all the time. I love it, plus the Dole motor is 4x more power to mash up the items you put through it.