Content Nav Menu

Apollo Pens on Kickstarter flew past 30K funding goal in 2 days

on November 5, 2013 1:26 pm

apollo-pens

The Apollo Technical Pen and Drafting Scale Kickstarter campaign beat their $30,000 funding goal in less than 2 days. Machined out of aerospace-grade titanium and marine-grade stainless steel, the Apollo Pen features a hexagonal body with a knurled grip. It can accept 50+ precision point refills and has a modular design that allows you to convert it into a mechanical pencil or a capacitive stylus. The Apollo pen is cool, but the optional Tri-Scale is takes things to another level. The scale is a 6-sided ruler with a 3-pen carrying system built into it. The pen and scales will be available inĀ 3 finishes including Satin Silver, Black Stealth and Steampunk Brass. Shipping is scheduled for February 2014. You can reserve your own Apollo pen with a minimum pledge of $59. To receive a pen and the Tri-Scale, you’ll have to pledge a minimum of $209. The campaign ends on December 13th.

Comments

1. 1
    Daniel Bertalotto says:

Holy moly, I’m slobbering over this one. I’m no draftsman, but I’d use this whether I need it or not!

2. 2
    poqeteer says:

Wow! Reminds me of drafting class, when I was thinking of becoming an architect. These are beautiful. To bad I would probably never use them, but boy do I want them. I will resist. I will resist. I will resist.

3. 3
    Jerry Vandesic says:

They look a lot like the Rotring 600 pens / pencils that I have. Probably my favorite .5mm pencil, and the fountain pen is quite good also.

4. 4
    Anson says:

I too still love my 90’s Rotring 600 fountain pen to bits. However the complete set in this project is too rich for my blood.
    Tho- I am ordering the standalone pen with some additional added “mods” ;)

5. 5
    John says:

Looks like a lot of people who don’t know about the awesome (and affordable) Alumicolor scales. I wouldn’t trade my 12″ set, or my 6″ pocket set, for any other.

6. 6
  7. 7
    John says:

Here you go: http://www.alumicolor.com/product/scales.htm

Both 6″ Pocket Scales and the Solid Triangular Drafting Scales are top-notch. I bought my engineer’s in silver, and architect’s in gold, so they’re easy to tell apart.

8. 8
    poqeteer says:

I also have a Rotring pen… Somewhere. In one of my desk drawers. This is why I just resist getting this set. I’ll never use it.

Also have a triangular scale somewhere… And a t-square… Yes I don’t throw enough stuff away. But I do use them, well the t-square.

9. 9

Ooooh nice. Where’s my credit card?