Hale Dreamer is an Android alarm clock that lets you sleep more. Huh?

dreamer

The main feature of every alarm clock is to wake you up, right? The Hale Dreamer Android Alarm Dock does that task, but it also gives you more hours to sleep because it makes sure you’re not disturbed in the middle of the night by phone calls or notifications to your smartphone. The included app has a feature called SmartSilence which keeps your phone silent unless a call is urgent, by intelligently screening your calls and muting notifications. You might be thinking that there are already apps in the App Market that can add that capability to your phone. You’d be right. But the Hale Dreamer has some unique hardware features that make this dock stand out from the rest. It features a physical snooze button, along with volume and brightness knobs. This Kickstarter project has 3 days left and has just reached its funding goal. They plan to start shipping in 2 short weeks, not 2 months or longer like a lot of projects. You still have time to get a nice discount before the price for this device increases. A minimum pledge of $69 will pre-order one Hale Dreamer. Hurry up, if you snooze, you lose.

Now available through Amazon for $79.99

Posted in: Android related, News, Watches, Clocks

• Xfader October 23, 2013, 7:07 am

Yes,but assap science shows why you shouldn’t use the snooze button.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6zcSFA7ymo

PS.I am looking forward to that review.Can I use this on a iPhone?

• Julie Strietelmeier October 23, 2013, 7:29 am

@Xfader The hardware works hand in hand with an app on the smartphone. Right now, I believe they only have an Android version of that app. I’ll confirm that and let you know though.

• Marvin Reynolds October 23, 2013, 6:39 pm

I have yet to find an app in the App store that does what you describe. Lots of screeners and filter systems but I have not found one that has a TOD option. Please share the names of the apps you know about. Thanks

• Julie Strietelmeier October 24, 2013, 7:53 am

@Marvin I’m not sure what TOD stands for, but I use WakeVoice as my alarm clock and Auto Ring to only let a white listed group of callers to call me when the volume is turned off.

• Marvin Reynolds October 24, 2013, 11:56 am

Time of Day. Sorry, I live in a TLA world (3 letter acronym). I have wake voice and really like it…..your recommendation……and will take a look at Auto Ring. It may well solve my issues regarding traveling and wanting my cell phone to only ring at night if it is family member calling. Thanks for the help.

• Julie Strietelmeier October 24, 2013, 11:57 am

That’s exactly what it will do :)