Content Nav Menu

Don’t Get Caught Flat-Footed Without a Flashlight Again

on September 6, 2012 12:00 pm

The Gadgeteer has covered a lot of flashlights in the past, but I don’t recall seeing a flat one before.  This little Flat Flashlight from Perpetual Kid is small enough to fit on your keychain or in a pocket, so you’ll never find yourself without a flashlight again.  It’s only 2.5 inches long X 1.75 inches wide, and it has a cool retro styling.  It’s only $6.99, so you can have one on your keychain and a couple others stashed around without breaking the bank.  It would also make a cool bedside flashlight for those monsters-in-the-closet emergencies kids sometimes experience.

Comments

1. 1
    Andrew Baker says:

BHAHAHAH
    I had a flashlight that looked like this

for the longest time. Then one day I backed over it. It looked EXACTLY like what is pictured above.

2. 2
    ajax says:

I’ll stick with the Photon keychain light.
    Indestructible, cheap, waterproof, unobtrusive.

3. 3
    Lex says:

This does look like my boyhood light squished. I carried Photon Microlights for years but they’re maybe 4-6 lumens? Plus I tired of all the labor it takes to replace its uncommon battery. I now carry this small .5 watt light (26 lumens) running on 1 AAA. http://tinyurl.com/9ptf66v

4. 4
    Tyler says:

There are a lot of high quality flashlights that are WAY sturdier than the flat one shown in this article with a similar cost. The flat flashlight seems more like a novelty item than something that would be actually useful.

5. 5
    brett says:

What, haha since when do they even make flashlights that are this size and shape haha!

Thanks for the article though, I guess you learn new things everyday.

6. 6

That is a funny looking flashlight, I guess it would be easier to fit into your pocket… Thanks

7. 7

That’s hilarious! Not sure I’d last two minutes with a light looking like that I’d get ridiculed by my buddies. However it looks incredibly handy for putting into your back pocket

8. 8
    Jeremy says:

That’ a sweet flashlight, easy to pack and it won’t go rolling away on you, but it does look like it got run over by a car.

9. 9
    Scott says:

An ergonomic delight, and definitely easy to use. Not the prettiest to look at but it certainly does the trick. Many other flashlights in the market would be less embarrassing to carry as far as looks go but since this is mostly a key-chain light, it can be pretty well-hidden most of the time. Its squished look may be a sore point for people who like all their gadgets and gears to be attractive but this flashlight would not cause too much of a bulge like its rounded counterparts.