USB Outlet Quattro from CurrentWerks

It seems more and more gadgets, although they may have a wall wart, are ultimately USB-chargeable.  Replace a normal AC wall socket with the USB Outlet Quattro from CurrentWerks, and you’ll be able to charge up to four USB devices at once without using those wall warts.  With the Quattro, you have four standard USB ports in a single wall outlet.  The Quattro accepts 90-132VAC 50/60Hz 0.7A current and outputs 22 Watts 5VDC 4.4A (2.1A maximum per port).  CurrentWerks says the Quattro has been tested to UL standards, fits all standard single gang electrical boxes, and draws no vampire power.  It’s available in white, ivory, and light almond for $39.98; faceplate is included.

Posted in: Home, Kitchen, News

9 comments… add one

• Rainer Mueller March 7, 2012, 6:00 pm

Their web site looks a little messy in my browser, but it looks like the Quattro goes for $39.98. It’s the Duo that is $24.98. Too bad
    $40 for the Quattro is a little too steep for me.

• Janet Cloninger March 7, 2012, 7:19 pm

@Rainer Mueller You’re right, and I corrected the price in my post. Thank you!

• Bob DeLoyd March 9, 2012, 4:39 pm

I’ve been looking online for something like this ever since your review of TruePower in May 2010…

• Julie March 9, 2012, 7:12 pm

@Bob I have a review coming for a similar product very soon.

• Janet Cloninger March 9, 2012, 4:44 pm

Hope you like it if you decide to get one, Bob!

• Bob DeLoyd March 9, 2012, 7:38 pm

@ Janet and Julie, yesterday I ran out of outlets and had to move some devices to other rooms because some of the larger transformers hogging all the outlet space. I started thinking again about these USB outlets and did an online search for them. Then today I see this on Gadgeteer, go figure!
    You two are so very helpful in a number of thing that I’m interested in!
    I also love kidding Janet :P

• Janet Cloninger March 9, 2012, 8:19 pm

You keep me on my toes for sure, Bob! And I’ve got a small house and so many gadgets that I’ve run out of rooms to move stuff to. :(

• Julie March 10, 2012, 9:46 am

@Janet time to build a charger addition to your house! ;)

• Janet Cloninger March 10, 2012, 10:37 am

@Julie There’s a transformer farm not too far from here. I’m thinking about running a line from the farm directly to my house. :)